FSU LIVE BOT Meeting - Livestream link

I loathe this garbage conference BUT, the fight with F$U is gonna be awesome to watch. I can only hope ol’ Ron gets involved cause his kids love the noles. Add in a bit of politics and this will be popcorn time.

Advertisement
That law firm is one of the top grossing law firms in the world, not the the United States, the world.
It has over 2000 lawyers worldwide. It’s one of the biggest law firms in the United States.
Its revenue for 2022 was over $2 billion.
Yes, just like a lot of law firms they are willing to take money from a client. But I’m sure that in a high profile case they don’t want to take the L.

Edit: Aren’t Duke and UNC part of that Tobacco Road mafia they call the acc.

Yes, I’m aware. We (My firm) has used Greenberg Traurig, and have for years. This is no knock on them …. Well maybe it is. I am just highly cynical that this is going to be the path that leads to victory.

And ANY firm will take the money. I have yet to meet one that won’t

Bill Hader Popcorn GIF by Saturday Night Live

Advertisement
Bigger question is ... is the FSU lawsuit even going to get action since the ACC filed THEIR suit against FSU YESTERDAY.

Yes, possibly.

You take factors into account, such as "first to file" and the nature of the case and the location of the litigants, and some vague factors like fairness and the proper administration of justice and the resources of the court, etc.

The "easiest" way to resolve a fight between two litigants in two separate states is removal to federal court.

But WHOSE federal court? Florida or North Carolina?

Several factors involved. "First to file" is just one. But it's always been a "good one".

Advertisement
Could "Commerce Clause" law make this a Federal case and preempt Florida laws from having any effect, even if they get a favorable ruling in Florida courts?

Yes, I’m aware. We (My firm) has used Greenberg Traurig, and have for years. This is no knock on them …. Well maybe it is. I am just highly cynical that this is going to be the path that leads to victory.

Yeah, but that's not what you said. You called Greenberg Traurig "some Tallahassee yokel lawyer with a degree from F$U".

1703270635261.png

Greenberg Traurig is excellent at one thing: billing. Other than billing, they are mid af and pompous azzwipes to boot.

Advertisement
Could "Commerce Clause" law make this a Federal case and preempt Florida laws from having any effect, even if they get a favorable ruling in Florida courts?

Couple of mistakes in there.

First, if it becomes a "federal case", that just relates to WHERE the case is heard.

Second, it it is not a "federal issue" (i.e., such as First Amendment) and is just a "contract" case that is in federal court due to diversity of jurisdiction, then you STILL apply contractual case law from the forum. Thus a "federal court judge" hearing the case in FLORIDA federal court, would still look to the contract law of Florida.

No matter whether it is a "state" case or a "federal case" it is still a CONTRACT case that you would like to have litigated in Florida. Period.

The acc is better than the big 12 and the pac 2
The ACC is dead today or 10 years from now IMO. Big 12 isn’t going anywhere and will be the clear third p3 conference. Have the SEC take Clemson, FSU, NC, NC state, Virginia, V tech. Big 10 gets Miami, Notre Dame, Stanford, cal, Duke, Georgia tech. Big 12 gets Louisville, Pitt, Syracuse, BC, Wake forest, SMU, Oregon state, Washington state.

Puts SEC at 22, big 10 at 24, and Big 12 at 22. Then call it a day.

If Oregon state and Washington state left out. Then send Duke and g tech to the big 12

Can we PLEASE stop this jelly-spine argument.

As I just DM'd to another poster:

That is ANOTHER reason [choice of venue] why Miami should join in. Because you would then have TWO plaintiffs in Florida, and only "one" (the ACC) in North Carolina.
A lot of your opines would actually be read if you didn't insult anyone without a clear understanding of legal proceedings. K bye.

Advertisement
I loathe this garbage conference BUT, the fight with F$U is gonna be awesome to watch. I can only hope ol’ Ron gets involved cause his kids love the noles. Add in a bit of politics and this will be popcorn time.
I mean on one level, this is the ultimate tails we win heads they lose argument for Miami fans – either FSU wins and we can get out easy or FSU loses, and we get to laugh out loud

Advertisement
Back