FSU LIVE BOT Meeting - Livestream link

Advertisement
I would love to see the ACC get on the phone with ESPN this weekend, double the payouts, expel FSU to the Fun Belt.

But, that won't be it. The ACC won't want discovery and depositions. There will be deals made.

If we assume that the court declares this to be unenforceable, schools wishing to leave would still need to find a “better” landing spot. For many, perhaps nearly everyone, that could prove impossible.
Therein lies the rub, what is FSU's end game? FSU is already distracting from the CFP, which has current and future members of the two conferences it wants to join. What would be really crazy is if UDub wins it all. Sure, the Warchant sycophants can say the B1G wants them, but if Washington is coming in with a National Title and getting little $$$, what is FSU's case for a full B1G share?

Fox/NBC/CBS will eventually want a B1G discount because you add USC, Oregon, etc. you still have Rutgers, Purdue, Northwestern, Maryland, Illinois, and Indiana who don't care about football, scandalous MSU and the Wisconsin Tyler Van Interceptions. There is no $$$ for FSU there and E$ECPN isn't exactly going to love you after the court fight brings in their business practices and deals ("Mr. Skipper is your witness"). Beyond that Dieter delicious schadenfreude for us, the question is still this: When FSU is in the Big 12 with UCF, why did they do it?

Advertisement
Wow .... they are stating that if the court finds for the plaintiff ... that the GOR is invalid ... they are also stating that FLORIDA STATE BE DEEMED TO HAVE ISSUED ITS FORMAL NOTICE OF WITHDRAWAL FROM THE ACC CONFERENCE EFFECTIVE AUGUST 14, 2023. So their goal is to sue, toss out the GOR, and leave the conference immediately and play in another conference in 2024?

Advertisement
Yep. Let them go first and establish the precedent
But then we still have to file and incur the legal costs. Quicker to join in and leave sooner. No idea how long this will drag out ... but they ended their 38 page filing by stating that if the GOR is ruled null and void "Florida State be deemed to have issued its formal notice of withdrawal from the ACC conference effective August 14, 2023.

👀👀👀 - yesterday Here comes the jurisdiction fight

race to the courthouse and looks like ACC just checked FSU potentially?

(Lawyer friends does this bring in federal?)

Oh, ****, so maybe F$U wasn't FTF.

Might just be second to file...

Let me explain something to some of you cretins ....

This is the ONE time you should be rooting for FSU to win at something. If they set the precedent, we are all free.
Someone understands! I actually hope FSU succeeds. I'm rooting for them. They win and we can finally get out of this craphole conference.

Advertisement
Because they told everyone what they were doing for 6 months. Then they told them the day they were going to attack.

FSU can’t go to the bathroom without telling everyone about it.

1703267965739.png

Advertisement
Yep. Let them go first and establish the precedent

Can we PLEASE stop this jelly-spine argument.

As I just DM'd to another poster:

That is ANOTHER reason [choice of venue] why Miami should join in. Because you would then have TWO plaintiffs in Florida, and only "one" (the ACC) in North Carolina.

Advertisement
Back