FSU Game Last Year - Noise Level

Canes82

Freshman
Premium
Heading down for the game this weekend. Haven’t been to HR at all.

Based on Everything I’ve read on here, the FSU game was absolutely deafening.

Just wondering from a comparison standpoint, did it compare to past “big” games in the OB?

Advertisement
It's serious. Very loud and haven't been filled this year yet

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

It was very loud, much much louder than before the roof.

But nothing ROCKED like the OB. You aren't going to be feeling the building shaking under your feet, but it better be loud as **** come Saturday night.

Advertisement
The seats were definitely moved closer too, right?

Bobby Bowden said in the OB he couldn't hear himself talking on the sidelines it got so loud.

It was very very loud. I couldn't hear my cousin sitting next to me. When Jamal Carter was talking smack at the coin toss, the place erupted.Also when they called that BS targeting against him. Been to many games at the orange bowl and Hard Rock, pre and post renovation and it's right there with any as far as noise level. You can tell it echoes and bounces down off the roof.

Advertisement

But nothing ROCKED like the OB. You aren't going to be feeling the building shaking under your feet, but it better be loud as **** come Saturday night.

That's cause the OB was not fit structurally haha.

It got really loud. FYI if they call targeting on Miami and you happen to be in the lower section's to cover your head and wear a poncho.

Very true -- the OB was on another level that is pretty hard to even describe. But on noise alone, I'd say Hard Rock is about the same.

When I come to the ND game, I might take in a decibel meter to see how loud it gets at peak levels.

I'll be in the WEZ, so I imagine I'll see at least 100+

Incidentally, the highest decibel rating ever recorded in a college football stadium was 133db @ Husky Stadium.

....That's about the equivalent of the loudest rock concert ever recorded.

We're need to raise the average up fellas. ;)

Last edited:
Advertisement
OB rocked, but at HR, the seats surround the field (not horseshoe), it has a kick *** sound system, and a roof to keep the noise in—it’s VERY loud!

I fully expect this week to be the loudest that Hard Rock Stadium has ever been. This will be the most meaningful and important game we've played in in over a decade plus it's a night game which are always on another level. Obviously the roof has definitely increased noise level as well. You also have to take into account that in comparison to every other home game, FSU home games attract the largest amount of opposing fans for obvious reasons, so the decibel level isn't even at its max capacity during the FSU games cause of all the seminoles in attendance. Lastly, I just think this fanbase is ****ed off and tired of all the stadium jokes and the BS national narrative about how were not a legitimate game atmosphere so I expect a deafening, rowdy *** game that will end up paling in comparison to the atmosphere of a top 5 matchup between notre dame next week after we snatch Vag Techs soul this weekend.

From a pure noise level, the 2016 UM-FSU game was the loudest I've been to in the past decade. The new Hard Rock design likely allows for a louder environment than we've seen since prime OB games.

Advertisement
Two reasons the OB was electric . One you were practically on the field and two the stadium was constructed with aluminum and metal . The place literally rattled and shook on the foundations.

The OB was probably as loud as an open-air stadium with no roof and an open end can get. Another thing working in the OB's favor was that the typical easterly prevailing wind helped sound waves to in effect just stay in the stadium. I don't think it would have been as loud, if it had been oriented in the opposite direction.

I was in the Superdome when we lost to Alabama. That was extremely loud and obviously not in our favor.

I think the decibels at Hard Rock are going to be pretty serious on Saturday. I was shocked at how loud it was for Georgia Tech in the 4th quarter, with a comparatively sparse crowd that night. The stadium was in the midst of renovations for VT's last visit in 2015 and was nowhere near what it is now....I wonder if these guys have any idea of what's awaiting them?

i mean to be honest these people are from blacksburg, they have serious home advantage and bring in like 65k every home game

our stadium is going to be the loudest one they've seen so far away from home (with a redshirt freshman that should help) but i don't think we're quite at the intimidating opposing teams stage yet

i mean to be honest these people are from blacksburg, they have serious home advantage and bring in like 65k every home game

our stadium is going to be the loudest one they've seen so far away from home (with a redshirt freshman that should help) but i don't think we're quite at the intimidating opposing teams stage yet

giphy.jpg

I've been to many VT games in Blacksburg. Yes, they make a lot of noise, but nothing approaching what HRS will be on Saturday night. ESPECIALLY if we see a hard fought, back and forth game with Miami ahead by one score or less and VT with the ball late. That FSU game was my first at the ole Joe Robbie since back when it was just the Dolphins and Marlins. I decided in my heartbreak when the OB was torn down not to attend a Canes home game for a while, but went to many, many games in the old OB. Memory can do tricky things, but the FSU game last year was by far the loudest football game I've ever been to.

HRS will never match many intangibles of the OB, including the neighborhood, the parking lots, just the general feel and vibe of that place was soo special. So was the aluminum structure. My brother and I's favorite place to sit when we were kids was the front row of the upper deck near the 50 where you could bang on the aluminum signs. All of that said, RIP OB, like it or not she is gone forever. What we have now in HRS can and will once again be The Greatest Home Field Advantage in All of College Football. It is loud, it is intimate, and Hurricanes fans, when they get lit with the fire of winning and disrespect added to the fuel of a major matchup on national TV at night, are the craziest, rowdiest, scariest bunch of SOB's this side of North Korea.

Advertisement
Back