FSU Game Last Year - Noise Level

Not sure what you guys are talking about VT fans say they'll have half the stadium and you'll be able to get tickets for $5 outside the stadium.

Advertisement
HRS is seriously loud ... just as loud as the OB

But OB intimidated visiting team fans even just walking thru' the neighbour"HOOD"

HRS is seriously loud ... just as loud as the OB

But OB intimidated visiting team fans even just walking thru' the neighbour"HOOD"

What's funny is, the neighborhood where HRS is located in is much worse than Little Havana.

Can you imagine how loud it would be if we actually pumped the crowd noise in, on top of the REAL noise produced by our fans?

Been to both several times and HR takes the cake. (OB RIP...)

Last year during the coin toss of the FSU game when they showed Jamal Carter on the jumbo tron and he was going back and fourth with one of the FSU captains the sound was deafening. If HRS gets close to that level on a consistent basis Saturday night I think VT is in for a surprise.

Side note: I have season tickets with like 10-12 people and in the Syracuse game a few of us almost got kicked out for standing during the game. A cane "fan" told us to sit down and I said why don't you stand? And he said I stand when we score touchdowns. I laughed at him and said you should stay home then. He called the cops over and we almost got tossed out. Those type of "fans" are the worst. I'm in the East endzone. Going to switch to the WEZ next year.

Advertisement
Last year during the coin toss of the FSU game when they showed Jamal Carter on the jumbo tron and he was going back and fourth with one of the FSU captains the sound was deafening. If HRS gets close to that level on a consistent basis Saturday night I think VT is in for a surprise.

Side note: I have season tickets with like 10-12 people and in the Syracuse game a few of us almost got kicked out for standing during the game. A cane "fan" told us to sit down and I said why don't you stand? And he said I stand when we score touchdowns. I laughed at him and said you should stay home then. He called the cops over and we almost got tossed out. Those type of "fans" are the worst. I'm in the East endzone. Going to switch to the WEZ next year.

That's ridiculous. Nobody can make you sit, this is still America, isn't it? Wish you could ID that guy, so a few of us could help "persuade" him of the error of his ways.

Not sure what you guys are talking about VT fans say they'll have half the stadium and you'll be able to get tickets for $5 outside the stadium.

just did a little audit of the seats remaining. it looks like everything is sold except for like 3000- 4000 seats and its still a few days before the game. i seriously doubt va tech fans bought all those tickets.

Advertisement

That's ridiculous. Nobody can make you sit, this is still America, isn't it? Wish you could ID that guy, so a few of us could help "persuade" him of the error of his ways.

i have mixed feelings on this. its all good until the guys in front of you are standing and nothing is going on. now you have to stand if you want to watch the game.

When I come to the ND game, I might take in a decibel meter to see how loud it gets at peak levels.

I'll be in the WEZ, so I imagine I'll see at least 100+

Incidentally, the highest decibel rating ever recorded in a college football stadium was 133db @ Husky Stadium.

....That's about the equivalent of the loudest rock concert ever recorded.

We're need to raise the average up fellas. ;)

Video yourself taking the measurement, please. We always need proof to provide the rest of the country (and our own contrarian "fans").

It is going to be crazy and I think it will play a big factor in us winning in a rout.

I've been to a bunch of other NCAA stadiums, in addition to NFL, MLB and NHL playoff games.

In the fourth quarter, when Berrios almost broke free for a punt return TD and when Coley subsequently caught the TD in the corner (prior to the fuggin blocked kick, goddamit), it was the loudest I have ever heard a stadium get.

Advertisement

i have mixed feelings on this. its all good until the guys in front of you are standing and nothing is going on. now you have to stand if you want to watch the game.

You don't sit down to watch the Miami Hurricanes play football. I can't even sit if I'm watching at home unless we're blowing somebody out. How you gonna yell while sitting?

Look, I'm not some a-hole who's going to stand the whole game even if the entire section is sitting. But if some dude pokes me from behind for standing and yelling my *** off when VT is on the field and it's 3rd and 8, and proceeds to tell me that it's only ok to stand when Miami scores a TD, I'd probably get close to getting tossed in the clink too.

Some people just shouldn't go to games. If you want to sit the whole game, watch it at home on TV and donate to the IPF.

You don't sit down to watch the Miami Hurricanes play football. I can't even sit if I'm watching at home unless we're blowing somebody out. How you gonna yell while sitting?

Look, I'm not some a-hole who's going to stand the whole game even if the entire section is sitting. But if some dude pokes me from behind for standing and yelling my *** off when VT is on the field and it's 3rd and 8, and proceeds to tell me that it's only ok to stand when Miami scores a TD, I'd probably get close to getting tossed in the clink too.

Some people just shouldn't go to games. If you want to sit the whole game, watch it at home on TV and donate to the IPF.

Agreed with this entirely. The only time I sit is at half.

Advertisement
Back