FSU game hotels

Tallahassee is awful. It's the worst road trip on the schedule. I've been to 12 different state capital city's, but have not been to Tallahassee. There is nothing to do there except get lost in the woods.

If you have never been there, how would you know?

Advertisement
I have to go to Tallahassee every other month on business. The better hotels are located off of Apalachee Parkway or near I 10 and Thomasville Road. There are others but not many. Forget about it on game weekends rates go way up but quality doesn't. Then there is absolutely nothing to do after the game that you'd be truly interested in. Then there is that miserable long ride back home to civilization

I just booked the Hampton Inn on I-10. One of the highest rate hotels on Trivago under $300 a night.

Rent an RV. No joke. Don't give one penny more than is absolutely necessary to the Trailerhassee economy.

Advertisement
Book your hotel in Thomasville, GA and it's straight shot to stadium and much cheaper.

i just booked the hotel closest to the stadium, about half a mile east. expensive as crap, but once we park we dont have to get in the car again until we leave.

I have to go to Tallahassee every other month on business. The better hotels are located off of Apalachee Parkway or near I 10 and Thomasville Road. There are others but not many. Forget about it on game weekends rates go way up but quality doesn't. Then there is absolutely nothing to do after the game that you'd be truly interested in. Then there is that miserable long ride back home to civilization

I just booked the Hampton Inn on I-10. One of the highest rate hotels on Trivago under $300 a night.

Stayed there many times, but switched to the Hilton Garden Inn next door because the wife likes the beds better!

Advertisement
I plan on coming down for the game this year. First Miami-F$U game in person so not sure what to expect. We're staying in my girls grandparents house in Leesburg about 3 hours away. It's a hike but it's free. Kind of combining our yearly trip with this game so we'll be heading down to Miami after the game. I've been to Florida 4-5 times in my life but never made the trip that far south. Mainly just Orlando and Daytona Beach.

Advertisement
Is there a certain section that Miami fans sit in? Rather not sit with a bunch of F$U clowns.

Yes, the sections that are given to the visitors (in red on this diagram). This is from last year, but I assume it'll be the same. They usually give Miami, UF and Clemson more tix, but it'll be in the same general area. It's the upper half of 13, 14, 15, 16 and 118, 117.

2016-football-ticket-priority.jpg

Advertisement
The prices are insane in Tally. Anyone have any recommendations?

Honestly the best thing to do is stay outside of town if you don't know people there. Keep in mind it's a small area for driving & the traffic will be insane. Wouldn't stay more than a half hour away if I was you.

Is there a certain section that Miami fans sit in? Rather not sit with a bunch of F$U clowns.

Yes, the sections that are given to the visitors (in red on this diagram). This is from last year, but I assume it'll be the same. They usually give Miami, UF and Clemson more tix, but it'll be in the same general area. It's the upper half of 13, 14, 15, 16 and 118, 117.

View attachment 42767

The thing with fswho is although there is technically assigned seats (like the ob before the final seat overhaul)it's basically just a ***** how once you get in where it's first come first served. Ushers may make sure ur in the right section atleast but any seat in that section is up for grabs. Besides I like sitting in there sections & talking ****. Get a couple wrist bands & head up to members level for some dranks.

I went to grad school at FSU from 01-06 and was at the 01, 03, and 05 (and also 11) games in Tallahassee. I always sat in the Miami section and not the student section and always sat in the my assigned seat and never saw this free for all, but I'm all for it if it exists.

Advertisement
Back