FSU fires Martin Jr

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Probably helps the Gators more than anyone. I think Kendall Rogers had said UF or FSU were most likely.
You don't think a potential NIL contract would make a difference? I hope Ruiz offers to Burke and McFarlane if they are mid-rounds at best. I know money isn't everything, but they could both use another year anyway and they may raise their value in MLB draft.

You don't think a potential NIL contract would make a difference? I hope Ruiz offers to Burke and McFarlane if they are mid-rounds at best. I know money isn't everything, but they could both use another year anyway and they may raise their value in MLB draft.
And Walters of course if he's in the same boat.

Advertisement
NIL is definitely still in the who knows category. Maybe he does make Tanks an offer he can’t refuse.

If Burke is a 5th Round pick, you’re talking slot in the 400K range (essentially Pack basketball money). Ruiz has said he calculates the ROI and makes his offer. I’m skeptical you can back that up in baseball, and I’d be surprised if he wants to give up that deniability for football and basketball. Baseball is probably more useful with current players, in the portal, or later in the draft (most obvious would be Romero). Of course, if he’s outside the Top 200, as MLB.com has him, that calculus could change.

Last edited:
NIL is definitely still in the who knows category. Maybe he does make Tanks an offer he can’t refuse.

If Burke is a 5th Round pick, you’re talking slot in the 400K range (essentially Pack basketball money). Ruiz has said he calculates the ROI and makes his offer. I’m skeptical you can back that up in baseball, and I’d be surprised if he wants to give up that deniability for football and basketball. Baseball is probably more useful with current players, in the portal, or later in the draft (most obvious would be Romero). Of course, if he’s outside the Top 200, as MLB.com has him, that calculus could change.
Makes sense, and ya, I was thinking Burke might get quarter MM tops (which would make him Round 7 or so). And as you point out, a deal for him would be a lot cleaner and less costly. I hope he comes back.

Advertisement
Different story. Gino is a Miami guy, through and through. His family has deep ties to the school, and a long history of support.

Not sure Martin had that cache.

Yeah, despite having some great teams over the years, his father was the Lord of no Rings. That team he had with Richie Lewis (RIP) was a **** of a college baseball team, I can't believe he didn't win with that one. The team they had in 99 when we beat them was great too.

Yeah, despite having some great teams over the years, his father was the Lord of no Rings. That team he had with Richie Lewis (RIP) was a **** of a college baseball team, I can't believe he didn't win with that one. The team they had in 99 when we beat them was great too.
I was in Omaha in 99 to watch us beat them...

Getting Burke back would be huge and would solidify our OF

Advertisement
Back