FSU fires Martin Jr

Advertisement
Greg Lovelady would probably be the first choice but I would hope we aim higher
The first choice of whom? What has Lovelady accomplished so far that would even have him on the list for Miami this early in his career (if the new AD is serious about winning championships).

Lovelady may go to Omaha many times before his career is over, but we need to make a HR hire the next time if we move on from DiMare at some point.

Hypothetical:
If Miami did move on from DiMare, who would be on the list of potential candidates?
Well, seeing as how our potential applicant pool is limited to former baseball alumni, I'd say Alex Cora. Too cold for him in Boston.

Well, seeing as how our potential applicant pool is limited to former baseball alumni, I'd say Alex Cora. Too cold for him in Boston.
Isn’t he making like $8 million this year? Hard to leave that money on table, and go to a job where you have to recruit.

But we can dream!

Isn’t he making like $8 million this year? Hard to leave that money on table, and go to a job where you have to recruit.

But we can dream!
True. Tough sell.

Maybe we can convince Paco to come home rather than coach 1st for the Phillies.

Advertisement
The first choice of whom? What has Lovelady accomplished so far that would even have him on the list for Miami this early in his career (if the new AD is serious about winning championships).

Lovelady may go to Omaha many times before his career is over, but we need to make a HR hire the next time if we move on from DiMare at some point.
Lovelady has been a manager for 9 years with .638 winning percentage which is excellent. He is an alum so I would assume he would be on the short list.

Advertisement
I thought Bakich from Michigan would have been great at Miami had the job come open but he’s gone to Clemson now.

If the job comes open, I hope they look at Tadlock from Texas Tech.

I thought Bakich from Michigan would have been great at Miami had the job come open but he’s gone to Clemson now.

If the job comes open, I hope they look at Tadlock from Texas Tech.

I’m terrible with names… but programs that have caught my eye for going past their level…

Texas Techs coach like you named, Dallas Baptists coach, and whoever is at ECU he’s built that program up

But being honest I think we’re boned unless Gino flat out misses even regional play… dude donates his salary back and has his old man to look after him. Might as well hope at best for maybe an Omaha trip once a decade due to mostly sheer luck of the draw before getting rocked out of the place.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back