FSU feels "quite good" about getting Thomas

fsu must have offered thomas' right ******** a partial scholarship. His left one is on an academic ride

Advertisement
FSU feels "quite good" about getting........

Devin Hester
Willie Williams
Deon Bush
Tracey Howard
etc.

Honestly, we haven't gone head to head with them alot for SFLA kids. Definitaley fought the Gators more.

Please name the DADE kids Miami has lost to FSU over the last 10 years.....

Hardly any Dade kids. They have beaten us for some Broward kids, Oleary, Parker come to mind.

Devin Hester
Willie Williams
Deon Bush
Tracey Howard
etc.

Honestly, we haven't gone head to head with them alot for SFLA kids. Definitaley fought the Gators more.

Hardly any Dade kids. They have beaten us for some Broward kids, Oleary, Parker come to mind.

That's West Palm Beach (Dwyer and Atlantic). IIRC we didn't really recruit Xavier Rhodes. Before that it was maybe Trevor Ford?

They also signed Sean Taylor's cousin (I forget his name) who had a Miami offer, but he only got that offer way late in the process and even said how he wanted to go to UM but we offered way too late. Only kids I can really think of are Patrick Robinson (did we even offer him) and Trevor Ford. Ford is the one that sticks out the most because I think he was a UM commit for a while but got flipped.

Last edited:

Devin Hester
Willie Williams
Deon Bush
Tracey Howard
etc.

That's West Palm Beach (Dwyer and Atlantic). IIRC we didn't really recruit Xavier Rhodes. Before that it was maybe Trevor Ford?

Rashard Greene from Broward but Shannon ruined our chance him by not recruiting him hard enough. By the time Golden got here it was too late.

Advertisement
We didn't offer Devonta Freeman, right

FSU fans have deluded themselves into thinking that they have this strong Dade presence but they usually only get players when UM ***** up their recruitment or doesn't recruit them at all. We didn't do that with Kirkland or Thomas.

FSU fans have deluded themselves into thinking that they have this strong Dade presence but they usually only get players when UM ***** up their recruitment or doesn't recruit them at all. We didn't do that with Kirkland or Thomas.

Supposedly we recruited Freeman super-late (Barrow's alleged wrong-doing).

We've had a decade long run of horrible leaders at Miami. We are just now coming out of that and trying to escape the shadows of looming sanctions, and we still rarely lose Dade kids we really WANT.

There will not be a fence around Miami in the coming years; there will be a great wall, in front of a moat, covered in tanks, anti-aircraft guns, and those ugly things from Lord of the Rings that look like Chauncy Billups.

People really underestimate both just how bad things have been here, and how competent and driven Al Golden is. Treat this **** like an ice cream cone on a hot day - get your licks in now.

FSU fans have deluded themselves into thinking that they have this strong Dade presence but they usually only get players when UM ****s up their recruitment or doesn't recruit them at all. We didn't do that with Kirkland or Thomas.

Freeman is a baller; I do wish we had signed him. But usually, when UM and FSU go head to head for a Dade kid and UM has recruited the kid hard, UM wins. I went back to 2004 and the only guy I could find that FSU won was Trevor Ford.

FSU actually had most of their Dade success in the 90's.

Advertisement

FSU fans have deluded themselves into thinking that they have this strong Dade presence but they usually only get players when UM ****s up their recruitment or doesn't recruit them at all. We didn't do that with Kirkland or Thomas.

Freeman is a baller; I do wish we had signed him. But usually, when UM and FSU go head to head for a Dade kid and UM has recruited the kid hard, UM wins. I went back to 2004 and the only guy I could find that FSU won was Trevor Ford.

Yeah it's like us going head up with FSU over a Lincoln kid that they badly want.

Devin Hester
Willie Williams
Deon Bush
Tracey Howard
etc.

Rashard Greene from Broward but Shannon ruined our chance him by not recruiting him hard enough. By the time Golden got here it was too late.

Can't blame Shannon on this one. Kid was originally from Georgia and never seemed to really have an interest in the Canes, despite what the recruiting sites reported.

So let me see if I got this right. He tweets 6 to FSU then tweets who knows. OK gotcha he doesn't know S**t.

80's and 90's. Can go back to Lamont Green, Samari Rolle, Paul Moore, and others. Marvin Jones, too, but he was a legacy because of his brother. I used to hear Chuck Amato used to recruit south Florida and he was a nasty recruiter. Come to think of it, they haven't beaten us too much in south Florida. UF had it even tougher. Remember when Steve Spurrier reportedly had a fit when he visited the Northwestern coaches, because he felt he was not getting a fair shot at the NW kids. I used to study the rosters of UF in the '80's and you could count the number of south Florida kids on less than ten fingers. FSU used to do a little bit better. There were schools we had trouble in, like Carol City, Ely, Belle Glade, but we've overcome that.

Advertisement

This, Golden offered when he was hired but it was too late. If I recall it was Corch Shannon that wasn't that high on him.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back