FSU defense

Advertisement
Crazy good dline. Werner was in the backfield all game long raising ****. Carradine played well too. As a QB i would hate dropping back against them.

This has been evident for more than a year. FSU went from 116th in the nation in defensive yards per play in Bowden's final year to 25th in Jimbo's first season to 3rd last year. The improvement was more than 2.5 yards per play from 2009 to 2011. They now have a fantastic foundation on that side of the ball, equating to margin for error, a physical identity cleansing the entire team, and natural attraction for defensive recruits. It was a fluke that a team with a defense allowing barely 4 yards per play lost so many games last season, but that didn't prevent so many happily blindfolded Canes fans from mocking them as same-old, same-old. With Manuel at quarterback FSU can certainly lose to Clemson, and possibly drop two games total, especially if injuries mount. But it's the first non-SEC team since 2008 USC that has the same type of athletes and attacking mindset as the premier SEC defenses.

Advertisement
I will LOL if we beat them, but there is a real chance we get embarrassed in an obscene fashion. Botts could have more than 10 punts. I'm just thankful that we didn't open the season with them, that could have been demoralizing for the players.

Hopefully, they will show up ready to play, playing to win not to keep it close, ready to win, ready to have the D- step up, and the O- compete.

Advertisement
Wow, what a bunch of pussies .....seriously, cut this **** out. Do you remember how we outplayed them for 4 quarters last year in Tallahasee?....GTFO with these posts.

With Manuel at quarterback FSU can certainly lose to Clemson, and possibly drop two games total, especially if injuries mount. But it's the first non-SEC team since 2008 USC that has the same type of athletes and attacking mindset as the premier SEC defenses.

That's how I see them too. Good enough to challenge Alabama now on the D side but not on the O side of the ball. Maybe next year they seriously challenge for the NC. Maybe in two years we seriously challenge FSU again.

Just watching a little bit of their game yesterday I could see their defense is a lot bigger than ours. Our DL look like their LBs.

Hopefully Stoops takes a HC position next year or we could be in trouble for a while

p.s. i bought my flight to this game and am fully expecting a repeat of last time they came down to miami... i hope some of our fans show up and not sell their tickets to seminoles fans again

Wow, what a bunch of pussies .....seriously, cut this **** out. Do you remember how we outplayed them for 4 quarters last year in Tallahasee?....GTFO with these posts.

This is completely inaccurate. We got lucky the refs kept us in the game. FSU is going to kick our *** No Life stadium for the 3rd straight time.

Advertisement
Has there ever been this big of a talent margin between us?

Very similar to 97 IMO.

And LOL at anyone who thinks we stay within 30 points of FSU. They have everything a team needs to look Bama in the eye and not blink. Their QB aint great but he is a senior with a ton of experience. They are loaded on defense and have skill players with speed. They are very, very aggressive. This is they only completely non-winnable game IMO, followed closely by Notre Dame. All the other games are coin flips.

Golden is about 2 to 3 years behind Jimbo restructuring the program. I think Jimbo has a great defensive coordinator and we have an average one. However, keep this staff together and I think we will see a similar climb that FSU has been on for 4 years.

Advertisement

Very similar to 97 IMO.

And LOL at anyone who thinks we stay within 30 points of FSU. They have everything a team needs to look Bama in the eye and not blink. Their QB aint great but he is a senior with a ton of experience. They are loaded on defense and have skill players with speed. They are very, very aggressive. This is they only completely non-winnable game IMO, followed closely by Notre Dame. All the other games are coin flips.

Golden is about 2 to 3 years behind Jimbo restructuring the program. I think Jimbo has a great defensive coordinator and we have an average one. However, keep this staff together and I think we will see a similar climb that FSU has been on for 4 years.

As long as sanctions do not crush the U

Very similar to 97 IMO.

2 years, actually. 3 years ago, Bowds was still at the helm, and we were clawing our way to a .500 season.

Very similar to 97 IMO.

2 years, actually. 3 years ago, Bowds was still at the helm, and we were clawing our way to a .500 season.

What part of 2 to 3 years behind Jimbo did you not understand? I make that argument because BB may have been head coach, but he wasnt in charge. I think the case is pretty clear that it was a good thing for FSU for BB to get pushed out. I never fell in the category that Jimbo didnt know what he was doing. I thought they were over ranked the past couple of years but I dont believe that this year. I think they blow Clemson out of the water and I do think they will be in the mix for th NC. I think Golden will have a similar climb with us, but we got the NCAA to deal with, that's the equivalent of an octogenarian legend still "running" the program.

Advertisement
Back