FSU coaches

S

selectsix

We all agree that FSU coaches dropping like flies is only helping us in recruiting. Are they leaving because they genuinely are that good of coaches or is it that they don't like working with Jimbo and are running for the hills? It's no secret that he has ruffled some feathers at FSU and didn't know if that included his own staff. Thoughts?

Advertisement
Some of it just seems like opportunity. They aren't lateral moves.

BTW- has anyone heard anything on the FIU job? If Coley took it that would be big.

We all agree that FSU coaches dropping like flies is only helping us in recruiting. Are they leaving because they genuinely are that good of coaches or is it that they don't like working with Jimbo and are running for the hills? It's no secret that he has ruffled some feathers at FSU and didn't know if that included his own staff. Thoughts?

Great recruiters. And Stoops and Gran are great coaches too.

The jokes on jimbo...other guys r great coaches...he is a recruiter...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 469
I think there's more to it than leaving to take HC'ing gigs. This was FSU's year to win it all and they choked because Jimbo was too stubborn to hire a quality OC. Now they have to install a new defense, groom a new starting QB, and we don't even know who else is possibly leaving. **** Jimbo may be forced to hire an OC finally just to save his job because the war drums are beating. That would mean a new offense and defense to learn. LOL! FSU could be rebuilding for a second time under Jimbo experiment.

That seat is getting hot...

Advertisement
Jimbo is not a great recruiter. Gran, Coley and others make that thing go. Ever heard Jimbo speak? He is a spaz.

BTW- has anyone heard anything on the FIU job? If Coley took it that would be big.

The fact that Coley is on the road recruiting tells me he's probably staying put. If he were in negotiations with someone, they'd probably keep him off the trail.

Conversely, I find it interesting that I haven't seen Coach D's name mentioned in a single home visit post for a bit now. Anyone have any info that he's made any recruiting visits lately? If not, that tells me that he is truly an interested candidate in Temple or another job we don't know about.

Read the tea leaves.

f**k FSU... Good players with bum *** coaches. That team was suppose to be playing for a NC. Plus I don't see any player development with them. Who has gotten better on that team?

The Florida State coaches are jumping ship for a reason. They can see the light at the end of the tunnel and they know what they see is not pretty.

Advertisement
The Florida State coaches are jumping ship for a reason. They can see the light at the end of the tunnel and they know what they see is not pretty.

Or they are all taking better jobs because they had a successful season. Either way, it's helping us.

The fact that Coley is on the road recruiting tells me he's probably staying put. If he were in negotiations with someone, they'd probably keep him off the trail.

Conversely, I find it interesting that I haven't seen Coach D's name mentioned in a single home visit post for a bit now. Anyone have any info that he's made any recruiting visits lately? If not, that tells me that he is truly an interested candidate in Temple or another job we don't know about.

Read the tea leaves.

Coley has to be on the road because they have no one left. God it would be too good if Dameyune Craig goes to Aub and Coley to FIU. That would leave Dumbo, Trickett and Haggins as the only dudes left

REALIZED F$U IS THE CFB VERSION OF THE BUFFALO BILLS OF THE 90's....

I love that jimbo will have to find a new staff, recruit, and prepare for a bowl game coming up. One of them, if not more, wont get the attention it deserves

Advertisement
A number of schools have good or great coaches, and they all dont leave at once, so logic says that so many coaches leaving at once is a sign of trouble.

Advertisement

Read the tea leaves.

Good assumptions bombster. Although we so few coaches left, FSU may not have a choice.

Advertisement
Back