FSU -6

Advertisement
Advertisement
Chris Lykes has the worst plus minus I have ever watched from a point guard. Beverly as well. These kids absolutely suck and have no awareness. Lykes makes 3 spectacular plays for every 8-10 negative plays. Just not Good from a 3 year point guard. I can’t stand watching the kid play

Interesting.

Coach L takes the freshman out after one turnover but Lykes gets to play through his turnovers regardless of when they happen.

Lykes had 6 turnovers and two assist to go along with his 24 points.

Turnovers are bad enough but his timing made some of them a lot worse.

Advertisement
Interesting.

Coach L takes the freshman out after one turnover but Lykes gets to play through his turnovers regardless of when they happen.

Lykes had 6 turnovers and two assist to go along with his 24 points.

Turnovers are bad enough but his timing made some of them a lot worse.
He is a terrible point guard. His only role should be coming off the bench to score when we need it. I can’t stand watching him play as a former point guard myself

will that 2-5 acc record be worked in practice too?

The rest of the ACC schedule will get much easier with only one game against Duke and FSU each remaining.

The negative is that there are only two chances left to get a quality win.

The positive is that Miami has 11 games against bad teams to increase the win total for the season.

I don't think Coach L (or his less stellar staff compared to the past) has a lot to work with. Some of these guys flare up brilliantly, but overall they are not ready or dumb or unathletic or unprepared or some combination, waaaaay too often.

The product on the court (with a few exceptions like some runs tonight) is ****-poor. For whatever reason (FBI, roster management, coaching) they often look like a joke out there, and tonight add a huge choke. Not a pretty sight, I'm too ill to even update the pinned results posts.

Advertisement
I know the feeling. In fairness, he has point guard size but a gunner mentality.
It’s not even the bad shots he takes that really grinds my gears. It’s the complete lack of situational awareness and turnovers that make me want to throw my tv. I just don’t get what he is thinking sometimes. He plays at 100 mph at all times when he doesn’t need to do that. Reminds me of talented kids you see at young ages. They don’t know how to play with control

Advertisement
I don't think Coach L (or his less stellar staff compared to the past) has a lot to work with. Some of these guys flare up brilliantly, but overall they are not ready or dumb or unathletic or unprepared or some combination, waaaaay too often.

The product on the court (with a few exceptions like some runs tonight) is ****-poor. For whatever reason (FBI, roster management, coaching) they often look like a joke out there, and tonight add a huge choke. Not a pretty sight, I'm too ill to even update the pinned results posts.

It is a matter if perspective. Miami beat themselves today with turnovers and poor free throw shooting.

FSU won the bench scoring 21-10 today but Miami had too many self inflicted wounds today.

At least we can complain we should have won this game. This loss was totally self inflicted by poor FT shooting and head scratching turnovers. Honestly, you’d expect more out of a junior PG.

Beats another uninspiring blowout I guess.

Just finished watching the last few minutes on replay and Lykes turning the ball over twice and missing the front of the key one and one was the difference. Oh, and missing two FTs at the end of the first half.

Smh

Just saying, losing Curbelo to the Illini was big.

Really needed to see Lykes being pushed next year as a ball handler.

Wong hasn’t shown anything other than some defensive hustle to inspire confidence.

Advertisement
Back