FSU -6

CTCANE

Junior
I'm a glutton for punishment, I will be at the Watsco today. Will be surprised if we win or cover the point spread but in one game anything can happen.

Advertisement
Game score prediction :

Florida State 77
Miami 84

Miami scores a huge upset to restore hope in the fanbase that Miami will reach the NCAA tournament.

I'm a glutton for punishment, I will be at the Watsco today. Will be surprised if we win or cover the point spread but in one game anything can happen.
Great job for going to the game, I was at the Duke game and was extremely disappointed with both the score, the lack of fan support. Way too quiet for a game vs Duke! Hope things are different today...bring home a W

Two points of interest :

1. It is good to see Anthony Walker active at practice. He is showing a lot of character by staying positive during a tough situation. Some kids in a similar situation would already be in the transfer portal.

2. There is an obvious lack of explosiveness and athleticism in our bigs. It was also interesting not to see Nysier Brooks working in those drills.

I have figured out why I have been so hard on Coach L in the past year.
It is called "The Mark Richt effect. "

I thought Mark Richt came to Miami to finish his career strong and restore the football program when really, all he wanted to do is retire in South Florida with one last check. Mark Richt was burned out and struck in his own unsuccessful ways which lead to his retirement when Blake James asked him to find an offensive coordinator.

As much as I like Coach L, I cannot help but think he is burnt out and riding out his contract to the end. In 3 more years, Coach L will have another 50 wins which will give him 700 career wins. Miami may make the NCAA tournament atleast one more time next season as he will have 5 seniors on the roster. My warning to fans is that Chris Lykes is not Shane Larkin. Nysier Brooks, Rodney Miller and Sam Wardeenburg are not Julian Gamble, Reggie Johnson and Kenny Khadji.

It still fascinates me that Coach L cannot get 13 scholarship basketball players at Miami. Leonard Hamilton, Perry Clark and Frank Haith could. Leonard is doing it in Tallahassee but Coach L cannot do it in Coral Gables. Really.

I know, some fans blame the FBI investigation but this is year 7 of the roster management issue. A younger coach named Chris Mack figured out how to do it at Louisville two years in a row when Louisville fired its AD and basketball coach.

I am sure Coach L would tell you how much he loves to coach but his performance is making another statement.

Let's all learn a lesson from Mark Richt and Jim Larranaga, Miami should stay far away from retreads when picking the next coach. Miami athletics needs a young, proven, energetic coach to lead the football and basketball program.

I hope I am wrong but I have a feeling that I am right. If you don't learn from history, you are bound to repeat it.

Advertisement

I have figured out why I have been so hard on Coach L in the past year.
It is called "The Mark Richt effect. "

I thought Mark Richt came to Miami to finish his career strong and restore the football program when really, all he wanted to do is retire in South Florida with one last check. Mark Richt was burned out and struck in his own unsuccessful ways which lead to his retirement when Blake James asked him to find an offensive coordinator.

As much as I like Coach L, I cannot help but think he is burnt out and riding out his contract to the end. In 3 more years, Coach L will have another 50 wins which will give him 700 career wins. Miami may make the NCAA tournament atleast one more time next season as he will have 5 seniors on the roster. My warning to fans is that Chris Lykes is not Shane Larkin. Nysier Brooks, Rodney Miller and Sam Wardeenburg are not Julian Gamble, Reggie Johnson and Kenny Khadji.

It still fascinates me that Coach L cannot get 13 scholarship basketball players at Miami. Leonard Hamilton, Perry Clark and Frank Haith could. Leonard is doing it in Tallahassee but Coach L cannot do it in Coral Gables. Really.

I know, some fans blame the FBI investigation but this is year 7 of the roster management issue. A younger coach named Chris Mack figured out how to do it at Louisville two years in a row when Louisville fired its AD and basketball coach.

I am sure Coach L would tell you how much he loves to coach but his performance is making another statement.

Let's all learn a lesson from Mark Richt and Jim Larranaga, Miami should stay far away from retreads when picking the next coach. Miami athletics needs a young, proven, energetic coach to lead the football and basketball program.

I hope I am wrong but I have a feeling that I am right. If you don't learn from history, you are bound to repeat it.

It's a fact that Coach L's teams have disappointed the last 5-6 years since the Shane Larkin days, and even when he had great players since then, they went 1 and done in the tournament. I agree it's time to move on with a younger guy...Old L did his job here

Really don’t want see a 7 man rotation again.

Kam should bounce back.

My guess is we actually play a competitive game for once

Advertisement
Advertisement
oh for 7 shooting and traveling and 2 more bad turnovers... and bye bye lead. Tighten up guys, please.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back