From what I’ve been reading...Gilbert Frierson

Advertisement
You definitely are, by already trying to name stevenson as being one of our "best" defensive players, based on what, lol, their is a reason UGA didn't play him on the outside, in Truth, he'd probably be a better safety. You putting him in your top 3 is similar to guys naming transfer tate the incumbent starter. I told people out the gate, if you, like many in here think that ivey, Blades or couch are just gone hand over their spot to a transferee, they not going out like that, right now, rique has alot of work and catching up to do.

:jordan:

You definitely are, by already trying to name stevenson as being one of our "best" defensive players, based on what, lol, their is a reason UGA didn't play him on the outside, in Truth, he'd probably be a better safety. You putting him in your top 3 is similar to guys naming transfer tate the incumbent starter. I told people out the gate, if you, like many in here think that ivey, Blades or couch are just gone hand over their spot to a transferee, they not going out like that, right now, rique has alot of work and catching up to do.
I agree. We’ll see what Tyrique does on the outside here. But his money position imo is at Safety as well. But he can be a pretty high level CB on this level. Similar to Adrian Colbert in 16. That said I’m all about playing Our 5 best DBS on the field at once in today’s game. And I don’t count STker as a DB position. Stevenson can hold it down at CB. So imo ultimately it’s Tyrique..Blades/Ivey..couch..hall..bubba.

what Tyrique on the outside allows us to do is slide couch back inside and take some pressure off both 8/7..and i agree nothing should be handed to him. He needs to keep improving

Advertisement
Agree 100%. He's gonna be a killer this year & play in the league at Safety.
Kids a freak.....when he's not thinking and just playing he's really good. Versatile athlete that u can move around......seems like a fun spirited kid too. I think the striker roll was so good for him he gets to show his tools. Kids a player

Kids a freak.....when he's not thinking and just playing he's really good. Versatile athlete that u can move around......seems like a fun spirited kid too. I think the striker roll was so good for him he gets to show his tools. Kids a player
I think people are sleeping on this D. We have a legit #1 corner & I think Nesta & JHH are gonna be beasts inside with simpson back. Safety has to be good with that compeition. Linebacker is the question tho still.

I think people are sleeping on this D. We have a legit #1 corner & I think Nesta & JHH are gonna be beasts inside with simpson back. Safety has to be good with that compeition. Linebacker is the question tho still.
Linebacker is epic bad....want to see it with my eyes on DL even if Simpson here. TS is a stud we know this

Gil and Lou were our most consistent players last year on the entire roster. I don’t think it’s too far off for him being the best player on defense this year. Dude played well last year and was under the radar.

Advertisement
The whole LB mess will change if Diaz can steal someone via the portal.

We still need a 1-tech to emerge or we are just gonna get gashed in the run game all year. This is especially important with LB being such an unknown.

If we have a better/good secondary but we can't stop the run, then it'll be a tough year for the defense. If you can't stop the run, you are exposed. Forced to put extra guys in the box, susceptible to play action, etc.

One positive, as I see it, is if we can get teams behind the sticks, with the proper playcalling we should excel on 3rd and long situations. A stacked secondary with versatile players that allow us to mix up our coverages, an interior pass rush from Nesta and JHH that should have the DEs salivating, multiple players that should be able to allow us to run exotic blitzes... my question is, can we get teams into 3rd and long situations?

I agree. We’ll see what Tyrique does on the outside here. But his money position imo is at Safety as well. But he can be a pretty high level CB on this level. Similar to Adrian Colbert in 16. That said I’m all about playing Our 5 best DBS on the field at once in today’s game. And I don’t count STker as a DB position. Stevenson can hold it down at CB. So imo ultimately it’s Tyrique..Blades/Ivey..couch..hall..bubba.

what Tyrique on the outside allows us to do is slide couch back inside and take some pressure off both 8/7..and i agree nothing should be handed to him. He needs to keep improving
The main thing with rique is gone be his footwork, he's not gone be the best start and stop db on the team. At the end of the day we got talent at the db spots, including rique, but the Truth is, Blades, ivey and couch have been playing at a higher level than rique thus far. Also, most of the people in here trying to keep quiet and want to act like ivey didn't have a solid junior year. Our secondary shut-down that Clemson passing game.

They many yards on those simple half-back and tightend screens!

Advertisement
No. Problem not solved. Gil needs to stay in the box. Hall, bubba, balom, Tae are your safeties. Keontra is the back up striker. Your best 5 DBs need to be on the field at all times in today’s game
We haven’t seen tae or balom play. Hall has been mediocre for 2 years. I don’t know if we need frierson to move to safety, but if you’re acting like that safety group is loaded.

If we want our 5 best dbs on the field than frierson and k Smith would be on the field imo

Linebacker is epic bad....want to see it with my eyes on DL even if Simpson here. TS is a stud we know this

* Back 5+Striker will be best in ACC. Not sure what planet Calvin is on. But Stevenson is starting vs. Bama.

* DT same group as last year, should be top quartile with Simpson, need H-H to emerge to be great.

* DE will be fine, Joe Jax + Garvin level. Definitely a step back from Rousseau and Roche, but hopefully Manny knows how to scheme them better than half-Baked did.

* 2 spots are a black hole -- OLB and ILB. I'd prefer to have K Smith out there so we only have 1 problem. Praying Huff or Brooks or Cave step up. Because Flagg will be adequate playing against the Dukes of the conference. But he's not good enough for the better opponents.

We haven’t seen tae or balom play. Hall has been mediocre for 2 years. I don’t know if we need frierson to move to safety, but if you’re acting like that safety group is loaded.

If we want our 5 best dbs on the field than frierson and k Smith would be on the field imo
Most ppl would agree safety is the deepest position on the team. hall played well in 19..was slowed by nagging **** in 2020..I’ve seen balom start last year and looked fine as a TF. Our 5 best DBs are Hall, bubba, Ivey, tyrique, blades..I don’t count Gil nor smith as DBs..they play a hybrid s/LB position

Advertisement
The main thing with rique is gone be his footwork, he's not gone be the best start and stop db on the team. At the end of the day we got talent at the db spots, including rique, but the Truth is, Blades, ivey and couch have been playing at a higher level than rique thus far. Also, most of the people in here trying to keep quiet and want to act like ivey didn't have a solid junior year. Our secondary shut-down that Clemson passing game.

They many yards on those simple half-back and tightend screens!
Yea but if we keep it a buck, neither Ivey, blades, nor coucch see as much pt as earlier as they did if the cb room was built the way it’s supposed to be..ideally those are the type of talents you was to have in program for almost 2 years before they see a major role. 2 of the 3 needed major work in the S/c program and blades needs more technical work.them boys got babtized by fire early in their development...as for Clemso, I dont think we shut it down per se. Clemson missed on a few huge play opportunities down the field

Advertisement
Back