From what I’ve been reading...Gilbert Frierson

Advertisement
This thread will undoubtedly turn into a “Ok but what’s really a striker debate”

Advertisement
okay and in those 3 seasons has the striker been the best player on a miami D?.... i'll help you no. lol
How many defenses in America still play a traditional front 7. Everywhere I look there’s a star/striker/WAR/ or whatever Cute nickname these Coordinators have that stands for a 5th DB who never leaves the field in base

Finley barely played in 2017 (7 tackles) because that was pre-striker. Also JJ was the best defensive player in 2017 and 2018. You could argue Willis was the best in 2018 but JJ was an eraser back there. It's no coincidence the safety play has been dreadful since he left.
Then it was the 2018 season that Romeo was arguably our best player, but i would agree Willis had a monster season. Still the point being Romeo was VERY good that year and did a lot of really good things.

I forgot about JJ in 2017, you're spot on there. He was a beast except for the dropped INT at Doak

Advertisement
Advertisement
Chase too
I know that this is being repeated ad nauseam but it cannot be overstated or emphasised enough. This team is really starting to build some depth and when I say that I mean quality depth. There will be an insane level of competition at WR, OL, DL, S, STKR and at QB once King leaves. We have good depth at TE and LB that will only get better with another class. The depth at CB was completely atrocious but it is decent now with the addition of Stevenson and the rise of Couch. The development of Isaiah Dunson and Marcus Clarke will be crucial as will the healthy return of Al Blades. We are 2 classes away from the type of depth that is expected from a UM team. The portal will likely and hopefully expedite that process. With a respected veteran CB coach like TRob in the fold I am confident that this position will quickly become a strength as it should be. Still the overall talent and depth on this team has improved quite significantly and the competition for playing time should be fierce. This in addition to the upgrade in coaching should see the level of play on the field improve substantially.

Advertisement
I know that this is being repeated ad nauseam but it cannot be overstated or emphasised enough. This team is really starting to build some depth and when I say that I mean quality depth. There will be an insane level of competition at WR, OL, DL, S, STKR and at QB once King leaves. We have good depth at TE and LB that will only get better with another class. The depth at CB was completely atrocious but it is decent now with the addition of Stevenson and the rise of Couch. The development of Isaiah Dunson and Marcus Clarke will be crucial as will the healthy return of Al Blades. We are 2 classes away from the type of depth that is expected from a UM team. The portal will likely and hopefully expedite that process. With a respected veteran CB coach like TRob in the fold I am confident that this position will quickly become a strength as it should be. Still the overall talent and depth on this team has improved quite significantly and the competition for playing time should be fierce. This in addition to the upgrade in coaching should see the level of play on the field improve substantially.
This is why manny has to keep this **** rolling. This year crucial on the field and that will be reflected in recruiting. We can’t take a step back

Advertisement
Back