From what I’ve been reading...Gilbert Frierson

Advertisement
He out grew corner from jump & that's where a position switch was happening from day 1. He was slotted to play safety. Although he has the best ball skills of the group he never was fluid enough for corner.
Nah bruh He started at CB at Miami. RS then switched to striker. He has the IQ to play at the 2nd and 3rd level

Keep Keontra at striker and move Frierson to safety.

Boom! Problem solved.
No. Problem not solved. Gil needs to stay in the box. Hall, bubba, balom, Tae are your safeties. Keontra is the back up striker. Your best 5 DBs need to be on the field at all times in today’s game

Advertisement
He was a really good player last year and I expect him to be even better this year. Idk about best player on defense, but he should certainly be near the top.
If not him, who would you project as the best player on our DEF in 2021?

I would say Gil was our best player on DEF last year...he was consistent throughout. Would've been Bolden but IMO he sort of disappeared the 2nd half of the season while Gil was always there

If not him, who would you project as the best player on our DEF in 2021?

I would say Gil was our best player on DEF last year...he was consistent throughout. Would've been Bolden but IMO he sort of disappeared the 2nd half of the season while Gil was always there
Stevenson

Agreed on Bolden, he was a downright liability the second half of the season

Who cares how good GB3 will be? I'm more concerned with who the greentree all-americans are and who was flying around the most at practise.
The greentree all-americans are fine, but I need to know who will be flying around in those games that we are sleep walking, so that the team can wake up, kick some ***, and win consistently...
We need a bunch of Flyers......ready to GOOOO.......

Nah bruh He started at CB at Miami. RS then switched to striker. He has the IQ to play at the 2nd and 3rd level
I'm not disagreeing with u. We already understand his initial position was corner. What I'm saying is by the end of September he was already practicing for a position change to safety. Also his football iq has never been his problem. His hips and his footwork have been.

Advertisement
Advertisement
The competition for starting spots is getting better & better. Can't wait for it to get back to the glory days.
I have to admit, I need to retrain my brain that there will actually be competition at many positions now. When I heard that Scaife and Williams were battling for the RT spot I immediately said to myself, "Why? Just hand it to Williams and be done with it!". LOL. Competition will bring the best out of both and its good to see guys having to earn their spots across the board now.

I am confused... are you saying Stevenson is not good and did you just give him the nickname "Toast"?
You definitely are, by already trying to name stevenson as being one of our "best" defensive players, based on what, lol, their is a reason UGA didn't play him on the outside, in Truth, he'd probably be a better safety. You putting him in your top 3 is similar to guys naming transfer tate the incumbent starter. I told people out the gate, if you, like many in here think that ivey, Blades or couch are just gone hand over their spot to a transferee, they not going out like that, right now, rique has alot of work and catching up to do.

You definitely are, by already trying to name stevenson as being one of our "best" defensive players, based on what, lol, their is a reason UGA didn't play him on the outside, in Truth, he'd probably be a better safety. You putting him in your top 3 is similar to guys naming transfer tate the incumbent starter. I told people out the gate, if you, like many in here think that ivey, Blades or couch are just gone hand over their spot to a transferee, they not going out like that, right now, rique has alot of work and catching up to do.

I will gurantee Rique is starting. Period.

Advertisement
Who the **** are you to call him Rique 🤡

WLB: Smith
MLB: Flagg
STK: Frierson
This with Chase Smith first off the bench for Gil and Huff/Brooks first off the bench for either smith or Flagg

get the best **** players on the field and let them play

Advertisement
Back