From the Perch: UNC

Advertisement
Langham TD was my favorite Perry play so far. The endzone angle on the replay was a beautiful thing. The confidence and moxie to do that little head and shoulder fake was eye-opening. That's where it helps to have a QB who isn't robotic.

Red zone is where the men are separated from the boys for QBs. The margin for error is tiny and so far Perry has played with the precision and urgency to get 6 in those situations. Hopefully he can continue to do that even when the initial read isn't there, if the situation arises.

Looking forward to this series continuing with breakdowns of the offense against better competition. Especially those conference games that aren't available for me to PVR.

Nah, I did mean it like that. I was just getting some of your background info to him in case you couldn’t answer quick enough.

Keep doing what you’re doing. You can count me as a big fan.

Thanks bud. No, it is funny back story. Steve Spurrier was a **** good recruiter. That really was the deal. I guess I was playing the recruiting game before I knew what the **** it was. But when a recruit says that it's all about the relationships? He is absolutely right.

Langham TD was my favorite Perry play so far. The endzone angle on the replay was a beautiful thing. The confidence and moxie to do that little head and shoulder fake was eye-opening. That's where it helps to have a QB who isn't robotic.

Red zone is where the men are separated from the boys for QBs. The margin for error is tiny and so far Perry has played with the precision and urgency to get 6 in those situations. Hopefully he can continue to do that even when the initial read isn't there, if the situation arises.

Looking forward to this series continuing with breakdowns of the offense against better competition. Especially those conference games that aren't available for me to PVR.

I have caught him using some head and eye manipulation on other routes this season which is very encouraging. And Yes. We will make sure to keep you covered on those stubborn little conference games that aren't available to you.

Advertisement
It was awkward , dude was pumping the crowd up and he was like 10 yards short lol.

It was a nice run though , but still funny

he pumped them up cuz he KILLED the run

long story short, ain't scared mthfker

@Roman Marciante Have a question. Pardon my ignorance, but why before each play does Perry extend his arm and shake his hand? What's the purpose?

Thanks!

Could be a myriad of things. Miami operates silent cadences even at home so lots of hand signals. But I just rewatched first few minutes of the game. That particular one seems to be Miami's way of getting receivers back to the line of scrimmage.

He does that after the first completion to Harley and they don't huddle up. Hope that helps.

Could be a myriad of things. Miami operates silent cadences even at home so lots of hand signals. But I just rewatched first few minutes of the game. That particular one seems to be Miami's way of getting receivers back to the line of scrimmage.

He does that after the first completion to Harley and they don't huddle up. Hope that helps.
I assumed it was some kind of signal and did notice it seems to happen in the hurry up.

Thanks!

Advertisement
Awesome analysis!!! I didn't realize how far Perry has come. He's reading defenses, identifying blitzes, and going thru his progressions. All this with the strongest arm on the team along with a quick and efficient release. The scary thing is he's only going to get better.

We are in good hands!!! I see the CFP in our future.

That was impressive. At the time Perry wound up to throw, nothing was there. It was all anticipation of what Langham would do, and touch to get the ball right where it needed to be.

This is going to serve us well BIG TIME down the road as this offense/QB matures and we actually start to put ourselves in a position to play the big boys. Can't remember what game I was watching this weekend, it was probably Clemson, the announcers were saying the team was having a hard time communicating, and I tell my wife we have to run silent all the time. She rolls her eyes at me like I'm always making stuff up about Miami, but you know how it is, if you're not a Cane, you can't understand.

It's funny, playing at Duke (and sometimes GT) is like the only place we play where we don't need silent signals and snap counts.

Anyway, my point being, we could be in line for three more years of Kosi after this season. My goodness, this offense has the potential to be malicious, no matter who or where we play, when these guys have all been seasoned together.

I don't care what anyone thinks about Manny Diaz, even Diaz haters have to agree, give that guy an offense that can consistently put him in the lead and score points, and people are not going to like playing against our D with the kind of savages we have been recruiting.

Great insight and great writing, as usual, Roman. Your posts should be mandatory reading for anyone who wants to comment on Canes football.

Advertisement
Like that old Kentucky qb, that was built like a LB?
1538412267262.png

The hefty lefty! Jared Lorenzen

This is going to serve us well BIG TIME down the road as this offense/QB matures and we actually start to put ourselves in a position to play the big boys. Can't remember what game I was watching this weekend, it was probably Clemson, the announcers were saying the team was having a hard time communicating, and I tell my wife we have to run silent all the time. She rolls her eyes at me like I'm always making stuff up about Miami, but you know how it is, if you're not a Cane, you can't understand.

It's funny, playing at Duke (and sometimes GT) is like the only place we play where we don't need silent signals and snap counts.

Anyway, my point being, we could be in line for three more years of Kosi after this season. My goodness, this offense has the potential to be malicious, no matter who or where we play, when these guys have all been seasoned together.

I don't care what anyone thinks about Manny Diaz, even Diaz haters have to agree, give that guy an offense that can consistently put him in the lead and score points, and people are not going to like playing against our D with the kind of savages we have been recruiting.

Great insight and great writing, as usual, Roman. Your posts should be mandatory reading for anyone who wants to comment on Canes football.

Insight prerequisites. 🤔😁 i'll talk to d$ about that.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back