From the Perch: UNC (FULL)

Advertisement
We ran multiple unnecessary DB blitzes from boundary against UF. It was easily there for UNC's OL coach and OL coordinator to see. It's my Safety review thread from last week. I think I even write in "Hate this!" in the notes. Sure, we did it with a corner last week, but it's a clear tendency. I know someone will say "the two DBs bracketing still got lost in their drop." Fine. But the blitz was unnecessary to begin with. I'm so **** frustrated right now.
This is a vintage manny blitz scheme and we’ve seen it multiple time over the past couple of years. It gets home maybe 1/3 of the time if that.

I called out these JAG Corches from the get and the manny slurpers lost they’re COTDAMM minds

Advertisement
Offense made the game 1 to game 2 improvement I was looking for. OL took positive steps as well. Jarren went from waiting for the home run throw and getting sacked repeatedly speeding up his decision making and getting the ball out. Now he needs to find that balance between waiting for the deep routes to develop and getting the ball out faster. But overall it was nice to see him progressing.

Defense and ST regressed.
This is what I came away with too, spot on. Real happy with how the offense looked.

I think we all expected a seamless transition with the defense from last year, but with the young secondary and lack of a real play maker on the D Line there's going to be some growing pains. All the mistakes the defense made are coachable so I think they'll get much better as the season goes on.

I got nothing for special teams man lol

So how do you fix ST without a kicker who can deliver in the clutch? 2 games now he has folded in crucial situations leading to losses. I hate to lay it on him but in close games when the D is still experiencing the loss of 4 key players he must deliver.

I'd give the RBs (specifically, Harris) more credit on 2 of the runs you highlighted. Excellent job of patience and pressing inside before popping outside on the first and elite job of jump cutting and shuffling back inside into the hole on the second run.

Since I asked 87 times last night, I'll ask an 88th time today: why in the **** did we not get into a rhythm in the run game sooner and stick with it? Those UNC fronts were primed to get rolled on. Why do we make everything so difficult?
Watching the first quarter was maddening, we should of been hammering the run game from the jump. Also, the production of run plays up the middle VS off tackle is drastic and not a surprise

I'd give the RBs (specifically, Harris) more credit on 2 of the runs you highlighted. Excellent job of patience and pressing inside before popping outside on the first and elite job of jump cutting and shuffling back inside into the hole on the second run.

Since I asked 87 times last night, I'll ask an 88th time today: why in the **** did we not get into a rhythm in the run game sooner and stick with it? Those UNC fronts were primed to get rolled on. Why do we make everything so difficult?

I was saying the same thing all game. Why can't we establish the run game from the start f the game ?

Advertisement
Roman in your opinion, is Coach Baker running the exact same Defensive scheme as Manny ran???

In my opinion, it is more containment than penetrating and upfield.

Cam is special , he makes multiple guys miss in backfield , then bounces and out runs people. Him and Dallas are a good thunder and lightning combination.

• A couple of plays or even inches in Miami's direction and Miami is 1-1 on the season
  • If the special team's play was even remotely special this team would be 2-0
These two bullet points in particular are so true and hurt so **** bad. Fvck. We're just a few small things away from being either 1-1 or 2-0. Manny has to take responsibility and take control of getting those little things fixed. Find a new kicker if you have to, and get Blake Baker to run defensive calls by you on big downs like 4th and 17. Still think we should have taken a timeout before 4th and 17 to make them think about it a little more...that was the ballgame, really.

Good stuff here though, Ro. Always enjoy these videos. Top notch.

To steal a Roman-ism, that's Miami doing Miami things

Advertisement

I feel like Enos presses early to get Jarren into a rhythm instead of establishing the running game.

No answer for that Lu. Ultimately when I watched back I was happier with what I saw from the offensive standpoint which only made me more upset that we lost. Couple inches come to mind. Jarren tripping up short of a first down by inches, the inches the unc wr scored by in terms of his feet remaining in bounds, and the inches between blake baker's head thinking that was a defense he should call on 4th and 17.
Yes that 4th and 17 was the Game for both teams.

Any idea why our DBs looked like they were not even in the same zipcode as their WRs?

Bandy bit on a double move on the first TD and had no safety help over the top. The only thing I can think of is they were passing guys off to the S and the Safety wasn't there. REally hope Bubba Bolden gets cleared soon.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back