From the Perch: Rhett Lashlee Part 3

Seeing his offense get blown out by FAU is not very reassuring. We just lost to FIU and La Tech so I don't take the talent argument too well.

That is the very reason I picked this game. I wanted to see what happened and what was the underlying issue. Still when you consider over 400 yards of total offense (300 passing over 100 rushing) and the fact they missed a field goal or two, costly turnovers and the fact the defense couldn't stop a 2 legged turtle?

This was a lot on execution in my opinion. Had a particular set of series in the third quarter where Lashlee seemed a little too much boom or bust (in an obvious attempt to breathe life into the team) but other than that I just caught the quarterback missing a lot of good looks and it was a wrap. Qb was 50% on the day and I just don't think he did enough that week to help his team win.

No sacks given up. Very few tackles for loss and the rushing yards make it safe to say the offensive line did it's job. But it does prove a point to me that if the quarterback is going to routinely miss targets in this offense, there's a high chance it can sputter.

Advertisement
Donaldson will have to drop a ton of weight or there’s no chance he can pull and cover the ground needed. Then mix in the tempo.

Losing thirty or forty pounds is the minimum needed
him losing 40 pounds should have happened 3yrs ago but the dude obviously doesn't love football and being a pro isn't a priority.

him losing 40 pounds should have happened 3yrs ago but the dude obviously doesn't love football and being a pro isn't a priority.

I’ve seen a lot of guys “learn to love football” , and ironically it’s always their last year of college. That’s our luck, him being fat ,sloppy and useless for majority of his career then his last year magically give a **** the money making year.

That is the very reason I picked this game. I wanted to see what happened and what was the underlying issue. Still when you consider over 400 yards of total offense (300 passing over 100 rushing) and the fact they missed a field goal or two, costly turnovers and the fact the defense couldn't stop a 2 legged turtle?

This was a lot on execution in my opinion. Had a particular set of series in the third quarter where Lashlee seemed a little too much boom or bust (in an obvious attempt to breathe life into the team) but other than that I just caught the quarterback missing a lot of good looks and it was a wrap. Qb was 50% on the day and I just don't think he did enough that week to help his team win.

No sacks given up. Very few tackles for loss and the rushing yards make it safe to say the offensive line did it's job. But it does prove a point to me that if the quarterback is going to routinely miss targets in this offense, there's a high chance it can sputter.

Execution. As Richt once said, “Play calling is over rated. If we find our players can’t execute a certain play, maybe we shouldn’t be calling that play.” It sounded like a breath of fresh air after “X-box” Coley dialed up randomly called plays from the playbook. It turned out our player lack of execution led to a small amount of plays called on Saturdays. How many plays in the last 2 years were quashed after the ball hit our receivers in the palms and fell incomplete?

Advertisement

Why do I have a bad feeling we will be hearing a lot of "Our QB didn't do enough for us to win" next fall?

You weren’t very high on Enos’ previous OC experience, just his potential if he was going to go true spread coast and play at Bama’s tempo, which he didn’t. How about Lashlee? What grade would you give him? I’d also be curious about your take on the new OL coach? His resume looks solid.

Advertisement
Roman, love your post, wondered which of our QB's would be the best fit in this system??? I've wanted to see Matocha since we had nothing to gain using the same old same old at the end of the season. Who do you expect shows the best come spring?

Roman show us some of the boneheaded **** plays he's called, can't be all sunshine.

I showed a pick.. and a 1 yard rush..😎 does that count?
No RIP him like you did Enos. Not a Enos supporter I just know at some point he's called a bad game or 2 and the team lost because of the offense performance.

Advertisement
In no way am giving you grief, you know and do alot more than 90 to 99% of the board but if you had the time to dissect a game from his tenure at UCONN

Advertisement
In no way am giving you grief, you know and do alot more than 90 to 99% of the board but if you had the time to dissect a game from his tenure at UCONN

To be quite honest im going to stick with his recent work at SMU. Reason being I went into Alabama film when enos was hired to do my "due diligence" but reality was his last stop as a play caller was the better tell.

Enos was way more Arkansas based than Alabama.

In terms of lashlee his influence under sunny dykes wasn't in place at uconn. So I think his more recent work will paint the better picture

To be quite honest im going to stick with his recent work at SMU. Reason being I went into Alabama film when enos was hired to do my "due diligence" but reality was his last stop as a play caller was the better tell.

Enos was way more Arkansas based than Alabama.

In terms of lashlee his influence under sunny dykes wasn't in place at uconn. So I think his more recent work will paint the better picture
True, but what if its the same scenario and the offense he ran a UCONN is the offense he runs at Miami just like the last guy.

Advertisement
Back