From now on..

Advertisement
Lol. I’m a mess. I don’t downvote you though. I Just agree with some of their points about Lawrence when you look at his overall work (and the revenge downvoting thing) but get that you’re pointing out that Lawrence shouldn’t have been annointed the next Tom Brady. Burrow had the best year I’ve ever seen for a college QB, and unlike Tebow, he looks like he can succeed at the next level.

Sadly this entire thread is a prime example of how this forum has increasingly become an echo chamber. There is simply no space for independent thought or radical inquiry. So in that regard lesson learned.

But I agree though. I never once said that Lawrence is trash or that he's not going to be a top 10 draft pick. My whole pt was it is easy to succumb to recency bias when judging a player so let's not go overboard by claiming he's already on the same level as the GOAT of GOATs. Because it's just ridiculous. I believe that Burrow is going to have a better NFL career than Lawrence for the simple fact that he executed an NFL system at the highest level in the history of the sport, and thats not something you can just brush under the rug. Just my opinion though, and time will tell if i'm wrong.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Sadly this entire thread is a prime example of how this forum has increasingly become an echo chamber. There is simply no space for independent thought or radical inquiry. So in that regard lesson learned.

But I agree though. I never once said that Lawrence is trash or that he's not going to be a top 10 draft pick. My whole pt was it is easy to succumb to recency bias when judging a player so let's not go overboard by claiming he's already on the same level as the GOAT of GOATs. Because it's just ridiculous. I believe that Burrow is going to have a better NFL career than Lawrence because of the fact that he executed an NFL system at the highest level in the history of the sport, and I don't think thats something you can just brush under the rug. But that's just my opinion, and time will tell if i'm wrong.
I love Burrow. I think he has all of the intangibles of a winner. One thing I’ve realized is we jump the gun on things, and I’m guilty of it too. Enos was a prime example. I was like yay, Bama and UGA wanted him and he did great with Tua... but look what happened on the field. Even Burrow went from regular QB to the GOAT season the other way. And Brady was a 6th rounder. He wasn’t Brady the GOAT for a while.

I remember talk of Kaaya and Matt Barkley being higher draft picks and then they came back for their senior years and dropped off. That was after 3 years. If I was a top player, I wouldn’t want people calling me the next GOAT. It’s virtually impossible to live up to.

But I agree though. I never once said that Lawrence is trash or that he's not going to be a top 10 draft pick. My whole pt was it is easy to succumb to recency bias when judging a player so let's not go overboard by claiming he's already on the same level as the GOAT of GOATs. Because it's just ridiculous. I believe that Burrow is going to have a better NFL career than Lawrence for the simple fact that he executed an NFL system at the highest level in the history of the sport, and thats not something you can just brush under the rug. Just my opinion though, and time will tell if i'm wrong.
It's all about point and counter point.... and it's about popularity as well. I've seen weak posts get a shiit load of (y) and great posts getting crickets.

I've compared Trevor Lawrence to Rory McIlroy for a full year. Golf fans will understand the comparison. When McIlroy is nailing the driver he dominates one hole after another and can draw raves as the best player in the world. But when that driver is not cooperating or the conditions don't favor it, then it is surreal how many weaknesses show up in the remainder of McIlroy's game.

Likewise with Lawrence and those deep shots and line drives. Last season Alabama allowed those plays to become the centerpiece, and also the freshman Ross had a phenomenal game with one-handed grabs. Fans wanted to believe it was the norm and would always play out that way. That's how the offseason hype exploded toward Lawrence and also the silly demotion of Tua.

I believe that game was the biggest fluke I have seen in 5 decades of following this sport. Clemson could certainly beat Alabama again but that margin and the way the game unfolded would happen so seldom it almost doesn't register on a probability scale.

Alabama quit. That was a "No Mas" game. Trevor Lawrence's reputation sources largely from a game that unfolded in perfect fashion for him and also the opponent quit.

Very good player but he lacks the nuances and feel for the game that Burrow owns. Lawrence ran the ball 16 times against Ohio State because he couldn't adjust his passing style to fit the evolving requirements of that game. Those 16 rushing attempts were a tip off of trouble ahead. It was hardly something you want to bank on entering a title game against Joe Burrow.

Also, Dabo Swinney was incompetent in strategy all game. That didn't do Lawrence any favors. Clemson took advanced analytics and reversed them to Larry Coker mode. Punting twice from inside the LSU 40 early in the game was sheer stupidity. The result of pinning LSU deep doesn't matter. You have to embrace the correct aggressive calls in a game like that. Punting is basically 1/2 of a turnover. Likewise settling for a 52 yard field goal was moronic. You aren't going to defeat Joe Burrow with a cute field goal.

LSU wasn't exactly great in terms of game strategy itself. Far too conservative. All of the analytics sites today have been pointing out the strategic gaffes from both coaching staffs.

Advertisement
I'm certainly not some huge fan of the kids but it makes me curious where ur logic is here. You used as an example the one time hes lost in college and mentioned hes not peyton by any means... Are you aware of the losses peyton had in college? How he never once beat floriduh? How he had a championship level squad and couldn't win any big games with them? How tee martin took that same team his first year a.p. and won it all? It's one game and it's not exactly an indictment on him as of yet. As I said I'm not crazy about the kid. But the logic is flawed. Same people would suck tua off and he got drug by this same kid last season. You got the same arguement for him? It's a team sport for a reason. The defense couldnt do nothing with burrow once adjustments were made. So is burrow the messiah now instead? If a kid loses hes just trash.

Advertisement
Advertisement
OP is obsessed with Trevor Lawrence’s seminal fluid, and who has access to it. I suspect OP is a young person of fluid gender, smitten with Lawrence, but painful knows will never be in his company.

Getting a butt-whipping might be the best thing for Lawrence in the long run. He has rarely faced adversity.

I’m laughing at the frenzied pace of ‘Dumb’ reactions this non-binary OP is throwing on nearly two dozen of my previous posts. Not a good look for OP when finally seeking psychological testing for gender-assignment surgery. OP needs to display mental stability.

FOH..you trailer park trash junkie. Tell the truth, you really wish you could suck the c*m out of Lawrence's dyck because he looks like one of your inbred cousins that your mom sleeps with on a regular right? I was only trying to serve as a check & balance against recency bias. You on the other hand are trying to hopelessly live vicariously through Lawrence because your own life is a worthless, meaningless, pos, existence that you wish would finally come to an end. Do you see the difference between the two?

FOH..you trailer park trash junkie. Tell the truth, you really wish you could suck the c*m out of Lawrence's dyck because he looks like one of your inbred cousins that your mom sleeps with on a regular right? I was only trying to serve as a check & balance against recency bias. You on the other hand are trying to hopelessly live vicariously through Lawrence because your own life is a worthless, meaningless, pos, existence that you wish would finally come to an end. Do you see the difference between the two?
You’re trying too hard. You can overcome your obsession with Lawrence’s *****, but first have to admit you have a problem. Gender-fluidity, non-binary, whatever. You don’t have to choose male or female. It’s going to be okay.

You be you.

I'm certainly not some huge fan of the kids but it makes me curious where ur logic is here. You used as an example the one time hes lost in college and mentioned hes not peyton by any means... Are you aware of the losses peyton had in college? How he never once beat floriduh? How he had a championship level squad and couldn't win any big games with them? How tee martin took that same team his first year a.p. and won it all? It's one game and it's not exactly an indictment on him as of yet. As I said I'm not crazy about the kid. But the logic is flawed. Same people would suck tua off and he got drug by this same kid last season. You got the same arguement for him? It's a team sport for a reason. The defense couldnt do nothing with burrow once adjustments were made. So is burrow the messiah now instead? If a kid loses hes just trash.

D..again I never once said that Lawrence was trash, or that he's not going to be a top 10 draft pick. It's unfortunate that people keep misinterpreting, misrepresenting, & misconstruing what I said repeatedly throughout this thread. The intent of this thread was to highlight how absurd it was for people to compare Lawrence to the all-time greats at this stage in his career. It was absurd prior to the NC game, and it is even more absurd now. Don't you think there's a difference between saying "Lawrence is a great CFB QB" and "Lawrence is the greatest CFB QB of all time" or "He's the greatest NFL prospect of all time" ? The bottom line is Lawrence's stats aren't even better than Deshaun Watson's, and I don't ever remember anyone saying these type of things or giving him this type of praise. He was also more responsible & instrumental in Clemson becoming a preeminent CFB program than Lawrence was. The W/L record or the stats are not the only reasons why I say that he's not as good of an NFL prospect as Manning. Manning also played in an NFL system for the majority of his career, in addition to having elite pedigree & intangibles.

I realize it's a team game-I never said it wasn't. But the bottom line is what we witnessed in the NC game is simply not a GOAT level performance. Period. That LSU Defense wasn't even that great. They were ranked 31st in the country last yr, and he struggled mightily against them. The low IQ dyck suckers in this thread think that I'm trying to hate on Lawrence when in reality all i'm trying to do is remain objective. The bottom line is to be considered one of the GOATs or the best NFL QB prospect ever, this kid still has a long way to go. Long way to go. Does he have potential to still improve? Absolutely. But at this stage cats really need to pump the breaks on all the GOAT talk, because it amounts to nothing more than hyperbole & meaningless hype.

Last edited:
You’re trying too hard. You can overcome your obsession with Lawrence’s *****, but first have to admit you have a problem. Gender-fluidity, non-binary, whatever. You don’t have to choose male or female. It’s going to be okay.

You be you.

That's funny because if you ask me the only one who's obsessed with ***** is your mom, when I come over her house and pile-drive her on her bed once a wk. She seems to be pretty happy with my gender identity. I'm sure she'll elaborate if you ask her about some of the things I've done to her.

Advertisement
Back