From national 247 writer - RE: Lashlee

Advertisement
Advertisement
I
Hey I'm honest it's a good hire but with Manny at leadership roll it may still not work. It's like some guys are meant to be coordinators man. Diaz doesn't recruit and that's going to hurt him here. Bad manager/CEO as well
I do have to agree and admit, I'm at least happy Miami is finally going to run the type of offense we've needed for a very long time. I'm sure it was very sad for them to retire pro style, bro but it's way past time to join this millennium.

Hey I'm honest it's a good hire but with Manny at leadership roll it may still not work. It's like some guys are meant to be coordinators man. Diaz doesn't recruit and that's going to hurt him here. Bad manager/CEO as well
I want to like this hire but same time Manny has shown zero reason for me to think he will make a good hire.

I know that’s a ****** way to look at it but it is what it is.

A spread, aggressive OC, young, utilizes TEs and backs....sounds pretty good to me though admittedly

Advertisement
I want to like this hire but same time Manny has shown zero reason for me to think he will make a good hire.

I know that’s a ****** way to look at it but it is what it is.

A spread, aggressive OC, young, utilizes TEs and backs....sounds pretty good to me though admittedly
Yea it does sound good but I remember Enos sounded good to me as well. It's just when leadership is bad the head of the snake is rotten so the rest of the skin sheds. He has shown he can't handle a locker room at all and players hate him.

Edit: I'm assuming players don't like him cause he allowed a coordinator to divide the locker room. That's how it looks on the outside looking in. Especially when Dee and other reliable posters say MD is in over his head. He reminds me of the last chance U HC without the recruiting

A first time HC that does great as a DC and is a Miami guy makes a mistake BUT corrects it after year one...is a blessing. MOST OF EVERYONE HERE was excited with the Diaz hire. Golden kept Dorito for 4 FING YEARS. I'm excited with this new OC. He's got a great mix of styles we've all been clamoring for years. It sounds like Enos sold Diaz a bill of goods and Diaz was wrong going pro-style. He's adapting to new concepts. You have to give him that. He's making his own bed regardless.

Yea it does sound good but I remember Enos sounded good to me as well. It's just when leadership is bad the head of the snake is rotten so the rest of the skin sheds. He has shown he can't handle a locker room at all and players hate him

My fears as well. When a kid like Lingard transfers before even hearing who the new OC would be speaks volumes to how these kids feel about manny.

Yea it does sound good but I remember Enos sounded good to me as well. It's just when leadership is bad the head of the snake is rotten so the rest of the skin sheds. He has shown he can't handle a locker room at all and players hate him
Exactly brother. I can’t be optimistic about this one. Manny doesn’t deserve it. He’s the one that hired Enos as his first OC. Basically all of his coaches have been failures to some degree. No reason to think he has an eye for coaching talent yet.

Advertisement
Exactly brother. I can’t be optimistic about this one. Manny doesn’t deserve it. He’s the one that hired Enos as his first OC. Basically all of his coaches have been failures to some degree. No reason to think he has an eye for coaching talent yet.
I added to my post and I agree with u

My fears as well. When a kid like Lingard transfers before even hearing who the new OC would be speaks volumes to how these kids feel about manny.
Exactly zo is a good kid he always was I don't wish him well at UF though. I get it though he has more faith in that staff up north

A first time HC that does great as a DC and is a Miami guy makes a mistake BUT corrects it after year one...is a blessing. MOST OF EVERYONE HERE was excited with the Diaz hire. Golden kept Dorito for 4 FING YEARS. I'm excited with this new OC. He's got a great mix of styles we've all been clamoring for years. It sounds like Enos sold Diaz a bill of goods and Diaz was wrong going pro-style. He's adapting to new concepts. You have to give him that. He's making his own bed regardless.

A couple of things.
1) Manny Diaz is not a “Miami guy”

2) most ppl here didn’t like the hire. Manny did some nice things with the portal and gave some good lip service so it bought him some goodwill. Which he immediately squander.

3) Manny is not a great DC. He’s been above average. No one ever talks about Manny as a great Xs and Os guy except for a handful of Canes fans. Some fans talk about him like he’s Brent Venerables, Gary Patterson or Bud Foster when he’s not.

I like this hire but as others have said Manny is still the head guy. And blaming the offense for all the losses is the easy way out. There are bigger issues with Manny Regime than just our offense and those must be corrected as well for him to have any shot.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I’m gonna go out on a limb here & say he’s more likable and a better recruiter than Enos.. Bold prediction I know.

A couple of things.
1) Manny Diaz is not a “Miami guy”

2) most ppl here didn’t like the hire. Manny did some nice things with the portal and gave some good lip service so it bought him some goodwill. Which he immediately squander.

3) Manny is not a great DC. He’s been above average. No one ever talks about Manny as a great Xs and Os guy except for a handful of Canes fans. Ppl talk about him like he’s Brent Venerables, Gary Patterson or Bud Foster when he’s not.

I like this hire but as others have said Manny is still the head guy. And blaming the offense for all the losses is the easy way out. There are bigger issues with Manny Regime than just our offense and those must be corrected as well for him to have any shot.
I'm not defending anyone. However, the defense has been lights out with the talent level. The point is let's see what happens. He obviously knows he made a huge mistake on offense. The fact alone he's willing to try and correct it is great. There's some other stuff that's still debatable no doubt. I would can half the defensive staff but that's another story.

Advertisement
Back