From Brad Kaaya himself...

Advertisement
maybe we can bring orgeron back as a position coach. i actually read that jim mora could be a candidate for the washington job. apparently washington is considered a great (maybe even elite) job these days due to facilities etc.

Last edited:
this is what Kaaya said regarding the Sark hire:

"It's great for USC to find a coach that's a good recruiter," Kaaya said. "It will be great for kids from Los Angeles. I hope coach Orgeron stays on staff, but this is a good move for my hometown team. If Coach Sark wants to talk, I'll definitely hear what he has to say, because he's known for producing quarterbacks. I look forward to that conversation."

31.gif

this is what Kaaya said regarding the Sark hire:

"It's great for USC to find a coach that's a good recruiter," Kaaya said. "It will be great for kids from Los Angeles. I hope coach Orgeron stays on staff, but this is a good move for my hometown team. If Coach Sark wants to talk, I'll definitely hear what he has to say, because he's known for producing quarterbacks. I look forward to that conversation."

31.gif

Not quite what you want to hear your "committed" QB say.

Advertisement
It's obvious the kid isn't as strong of a commit as he once was. At one time, he said there was no way USC and UCLA had a chance bc he was loyal to Miami. Now, he wants to talk to Coach Sark and hopes Coach O stays? Immediately after the news broke out yesterday, he immediately started following the new coach there.

At the end of the day, I want kids who want to be canes. I would love to have him here but if he doesn't want to be here, there's really nothing we can do bout it.

These cross-country kids are a hard pull, especially when their flagship hometown teams start turning the heat up.

Kaaya was somewhat of an unknown before this staff unearthed him. Now that USC has Sark and is all over him, I'm expecting them to steal him at the final hour. I guess we can take solace in the fact that our staff's eval's seem to be dead on. We have Olsen as a RS-FR, and if we can bring in Gibson right behind him, I'm good with that. But as of right now, I'm going to expect Kaaya to stay out west, and be fully torqued in the event he sticks with us.

Not worried... Sark didn't even offer him when he was @ UW so now all the sudden he's gonna go after him??

Sorry not happening... Best thing Ive read is that # 1 thing is comfort level with coaches and its been stated numerous times that Brad and his family love Coach Coley and Golden

Does Kaaya have an official visit set up? If so, he's ours IMO.

If I'm correct, he hasn't been on campus since June. Get him on campus, re-connect with what saw from the start that made him commit.

That being said, if he doesn't official, I think we lose him in the end.

Advertisement
It's obvious the kid isn't as strong of a commit as he once was. At one time, he said there was no way USC and UCLA had a chance bc he was loyal to Miami. Now, he wants to talk to Coach Sark and hopes Coach O stays? Immediately after the news broke out yesterday, he immediately started following the new coach there.

At the end of the day, I want kids who want to be canes. I would love to have him here but if he doesn't want to be here, there's really nothing we can do bout it.

He's a smart kid who's all Cane. So what if he wants to talk to other coaches. I'd want Coach O to stay there too considering how much of an impact he's had on the program. Don't read into this as Kaaya wanting to leave, but just sharing his thoughts on the USC debacle. He's respectful to everyone recruiting him and always will be. At the end of the day, they'll get their hearts broken.

Reading into this wayyy too much man.

Not worried... Sark didn't even offer him when he was @ UW so now all the sudden he's gonna go after him??

Sorry not happening... Best thing Ive read is that # 1 thing is comfort level with coaches and its been stated numerous times that Brad and his family love Coach Coley and Golden
isn't SC pretty loaded at QB. i have always thought UCLA would be the team that could steal him if anyone does.

isn't SC pretty loaded at QB. i have always thought UCLA would be the team that could steal him if anyone does.

SC has Max Browne who I believe redshirted this year. He's from Sammamish, WA which is right outside Seattle. Sark coveted him pretty hard and he ended up at SC, so the way I see it Sark got the QB he wanted last year. Also Kessler didn't play that bad at all once Kiffin was fired.

Advertisement
Here's what bothers me with this kid, it seems like he is looking for a reason to decommit. First with UCLA and now USC. We have been very consistent with him, USC is going through a transitional period. If Sarkisian liked you so much, why didn't he offer you while he was at Washington? He's playing games and I need my quarterback to be decisive. I also think its pretty lame of him to jump on board with these schools who only want him now because he has four stars next to his name over the school who basically discovered him when he was an unranked three star with a San Diego State offer as his only D1 offer. I want to believe Pete, but there is just way too smoke here ala Alex Collins last year. He's gone.

He also has Wittek as their third string qb l

he has a lot of guys to beat out before he plays at USC. this is a UCLA miami battle if anything and we all know that while UCLA might be on a little bit of a roll this is about as good as it gets for them. the ceiling here is much higher. frankly ucla is just not in the same league as we are when it comes to tradition. it is a pretty nice place to go to school though.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back