From Brad Kaaya himself...

bomb

Band
Banned
From scout.com's West Coast guy, could only excerpt:

“My commitment to Miami is still solid,” Kaaya said. “I’m not wavering but at the same time, I owe it to myself to at least listen the two local schools when they’re showing so much interest. Taylor Mazzone is recruiting me hard from UCLA and Ed Orgeron is the one recruiting me from USC.

‘With USC, I like the offense, they’re a pro-style team but of course they don’t have a permanent head coach yet so I’m not sure what they plan to run moving forward. UCLA’s offense is actually similar to ours. Brett Hundley does more zone read but when Noel Mazzone was at Arizona State and Brock Osweiler was the quarterback, they made the offense fit his strengths as a pocket passer.”

Kaaya said depth charts won’t play a role in his decision and mentioned all three programs have young quarterbacks.

“I know USC has Max Browne, who was the top quarterback in the nation last year but Kevin Olsen is at Miami and he’s very good too,” Kaaya said. “For me, I can’t worry about who’s there because you never know what could happen. A player could leave or get injured and I’m definitely not afraid to compete for a spot, I’ve done that my whole high school career.

“Like I said, I really like Miami right now and I think they’re headed in the right direction. I love the offense and the coaching staff there and I’m definitely going to take an official visit after our season. I haven’t decided if I’m going to officially visit USC or UCLA yet. Right now, I’m just focusing on finishing off our season and then I’ll turn my attention to recruiting.”

Advertisement
25.jpg

26.jpg

He sounds exactly like a local kid from Miami who is about to get away. Hes courteous to the local teams but I think his mind is made up already to come here.

Advertisement
Once Coley does the in-home he'll be so excited to get on campus he will want to enroll for finals this semester.

Advertisement
Like I've said before, if he had a big time program coming after him that was NOT in his backyard, I wouldn't worry at all. But the two schools are in his backyard and Miami is all the way across the country, which gives me a little cause for concern.

Just remember who was there before he blew up and who saw him as the national quarterback prospect he is. It wasn't those ***** asses from Westwood or that homo Lane Kiffin and USC. It was the U. I think he knows that and I think he's ready to be a Cane.

Advertisement
The fact that he's being big-game hunted by the majors around him shows how good he is. Coley and Golden saw that in him first, made him their first choice, and want him badly.

These other teams only came running when they struck out with their top choices. Why not go to a staff that believes in you? He's a Cane, and he's going to enjoy the benefits of being a Cane for the next four years and the rest of his life.

I am excited to have some talented QB's competing in the next few years. No offense to Morris and Crow, but ...yeah.

He's the anti-Alex Collins. He's going wherever his mom wants him to go. Just gotta hope his mom doesn't fall in love with Jim Mora

Advertisement
This next season, there are going to be some great QB talent COMPETING for the start. I like this because Guys are going to have to prove who deserves it more. Ryan Williams is not going to make it easy, he has more game experience and he has actually played college ball before. I don't believe that he will be given any preferential treatment though, its just who works their @ss off in the spring and summer workouts will determine who will get the 1st crack.

Advertisement
Back