From 17 to 0

CCane

Recruit
To think that there were 17 1st RD'ers on that 2001 team and I don't see one on the current team.

Advertisement
Too many night games have worn them out, especially with the clouds just recently passing

Lol 17 first rounders on one team. That's what happens when you drop one of the best talent evaluators in the game in the most talent rich region in the country.

#BBB

Advertisement
One day the Raiders will take a punter with a first rounder again and then we'll be back!

There are players on the team with the physical talent. Unfortunately, they do not have the edge, the drive, the passion (and a coaching staff pushing them on that path) to truly maximize their talent at this stage.

One day the Raiders will take a punter with a first rounder again and then we'll be back!

Sure it was a punter? They took Janikowski in fist. Good thing they did too, he was the only source of points for countless games....but I know what you mean

They were the first team ever to take a pure punter in the first round when they took Ray Guy in the 70's (I think). The only reason I even remember is because it was brought up when they took Janikowski. You're right though, both picks actually ended up not being bad selections.

Last edited:
Advertisement
They were the first team ever to take a pure punter in the first round when the took Ray Guy in the 70's (I think). The only reason I even remember is because it was brought up when they took Janikowski. You're right though, both picks actually ended up not being bad selections.

Did not know that! Thanks. Love me some raiders

Advertisement
Flowers and Perryman have a decent shot at going in the first round this year.

Kaaya, Chad, Coley could be future 1st rounders.

Reasons none can be 1st Rd picks:

Perryman has too much trouble getting off blocks and isn't good enough in coverage.

Flowers lacks the athleticism to be great pass blocker.

Coley is way too thin to be a 1st Rd pick, and hasn't shown the mental toughness you need.

If Chad was gonna be a 1st RD'ers he would have shown more.

Brad has decent tools, but he needs to show he can be a difference-maker in producing wins.

Advertisement
Reasons none can be 1st Rd picks:

Perryman has too much trouble getting off blocks and isn't good enough in coverage.

Flowers lacks the athleticism to be great pass blocker.

Coley is way too thin to be a 1st Rd pick, and hasn't shown the mental toughness you need.

If Chad was gonna be a 1st RD'ers he would have shown more.

Brad has decent tools, but he needs to show he can be a difference-maker in producing wins.

please with good coaching they'll could

Advertisement
Back