Frierson weight

Advertisement
Interesting. Does weight gain automatically mean he will be a force next year. I’m more interested in raw talent. Player xyz nay be no more productive at 205 pounds than at 198.
Not necessarily but it’s going to be very interesting to see what he can do with his length and size at corner. Dee Delaney was that size as a 5th year senior

Interesting. Does weight gain automatically mean he will be a force next year. I’m more interested in raw talent. Player xyz nay be no more productive at 205 pounds than at 198.

Well, the kid was an absolutely savage at the high school level. With a college ready body, he gets to contribute and make an impact immediately. Instantaneous athletic upgrade in the defensive backfield.

Advertisement
Well, the kid was an absolutely savage at the high school level. With a college ready body, he gets to contribute and make an impact immediately. Instantaneous athletic upgrade in the defensive backfield.
thanks for your thoughts and Brock’s on my question correlating weight gain and performance and productivity on field.

Agreed. We need him to contribute at CB early on with how poor our depth is there. In the long-run, he's likely more of a Safety.
I certainly agree about his ability to play Safety. He could be the classic ball hawking centerfielder with range that we haven't had in a bit. The really exciting thing about Frierson is that he has just as much upside at CB. A kid with his height, length and athleticism at CB allows the DC to do so many things. I'm very excited to see how Frierson develops with legit college coaching. Kid has a great football IQ and a natural with the ball in his hands. I think many people myself included sort of forgot about Gil because they were too busy sucking off Campbell and Surtain. I truly think he is a potential superstar.

thanks for your thoughts and Brock’s on my question correlating weight gain and performance and productivity on field.
I'll chime in....

I don't think the mention of Frierson's weight gain was meant to be Goldenesque. I do agree with your example of player xyz sucking at 2 different weights to reinforce your view of weight gain having zero correlation with on field productivity.

In the case of Frierson, the noting of the weight gain is valid in that it is a variable that likely will enable an already talented player to better withstand the step up in competition and allow that players natural ability to translate to the college level.

Advertisement
Real talk, you don't see CBs looking that built at the NFL level. He definitely looks like a safety.

Advertisement

In this case i think it helps that he has some size to him. We ask our corners to be a little more rugged and tackle well. In theory the improved conditioning and strength should help Gil endure the kind of play we ask of our corners.

Advertisement
In this case i think it helps that he has some size to him. We ask our corners to be a little more rugged and tackle well. In theory the improved conditioning and strength should help Gil endure the kind of play we ask of our corners.
So true. He’s gonna be rough

Advertisement
Back