Frierson video vs fsu

Advertisement
Everyone looked far more assertive and aggressive than they did the second half of the Louisville game.

This kid is really starting to ball out.

Advertisement
I said it last week when people were down on him that if he cleaned up his tackling he would be a very effective player for us. Against UL he was our most effective blitzer he just couldn't make the tackle. This week he played great!

That pbu on third down was as good as it gets. If you look closely he got his left arm in to break up the ball while keeping his right arm off the defender. That is VERY difficult to do. You see guys all the time, even in the nfl, wrapping the other arm around the defender in that situation and getting called for PI.

Advertisement
I said it last week when people were down on him that if he cleaned up his tackling he would be a very effective player for us. Against UL he was our most effective blitzer he just couldn't make the tackle. This week he played great!
He actually made the tackles vs lousville though. If he didn’t they would have had several more big gains actually

He's what I hoped Romeo Finley would become. Extremely important player on our defense and very versatile.

Last edited:
I laugh every time watching him after he makes a big play....it's like he turns into a mad man the way he hypes himself up lol

Advertisement
I also loved that Vince wilfork tribute with the baseball swing. It was Vince right? Who did that and got a penalty and clapped? I think I’m right. @caneinorlando correct me if I’m wrong

Advertisement
what a pleasant surprise with our tackling the first three weeks, particularly the safeties. seems like a ton of open field tackles with a ton of success

That pbu on third down was as good as it gets. If you look closely he got his left arm in to break up the ball while keeping his right arm off the defender. That is VERY difficult to do. You see guys all the time, even in the nfl, wrapping the other arm around the defender in that situation and getting called for PI.
He basically ran the receiver's route for him, and did so a step ahead of him. His open field tackling was also impressive. This kid looks like he could really turn into something special.

His instincts on that screen pass were fantastic. He stayed home on the misdirection, then identified and diagnosed, and then had the athletic ability to shoot the gap between the lead blockers and make the tackle.

A lot to like here.

the issues with him and hall have just been consistency!!! They gotta have those type of games every week.. Both have been guilty of dissappearing all of a sudden and/or making key mistakes....

Hopefully both have turned the corner and will BRING IT all season!

Advertisement
Back