Frierson to the Portal

I don’t know the difference btw ***** & apple butter when it comes to what goes on out there on the field. I don’t know any of these young men but I’m a fan & I’m a dad. I don’t believe in Sabanizing a roster. It’s a cynical approach to navigating the “human terrain,” & not in line with what Corches tell these kids’ parents in their living rooms during recruiting process.(recognize that Mario didn’t recruit these folks to UM) IF a kid honors his commitments on/off the field, he stays. It’s not his fault he’s not good enough. I get that it’s not a suicide pact and you might get fired but….enjoy the buyout if things don’t work out.
Howevah….Once a kid crosses the stage and accepts his diploma, the commitment has been fulfilled in both directions. IF he’s not in your plans, let(help, if possible) him be a part of someone else’s.

Advertisement
Hopefully Manny gives him a call at PSU. I think Frierson would be a good fit at NCState. Those two are my good fits for him.

Baylor is another school that would make sense considering how Aranda uses his hybrid LBs/Safety.
Somebody push this man to Baylor. Great academics & support of athletics. Aranda would get the most out of him.. and it’s not creepy PSU or inner division.

I don’t know the difference btw ***** & apple butter when it comes to what goes on out there on the field. I don’t know any of these young men but I’m a fan & I’m a dad. I don’t believe in Sabanizing a roster. It’s a cynical approach to navigating the “human terrain,” & not in line with what Corches tell these kids’ parents in their living rooms during recruiting process.(recognize that Mario didn’t recruit these folks to UM) IF a kid honors his commitments on/off the field, he stays. It’s not his fault he’s not good enough. I get that it’s not a suicide pact and you might get fired but….enjoy the buyout if things don’t work out.
Howevah….Once a kid crosses the stage and accepts his diploma, the commitment has been fulfilled in both directions. IF he’s not in your plans, let(help, if possible) him be a part of someone else’s.
Season 4 Success GIF by The Office

Advertisement
He’s going to play some GOOD snaps somewhere! One of my fav canes of recent years

Advertisement
True. It's a business and sometimes feelings have to be set aside. Both ways

Kid had talent Had strong season couple years back, then they put Carter over him and now defense changed. He might as well bounce because he has talent to play somewhere.. Wish him luck, he was on sideline hype every game. Good dude. He can still achieve all his goals, I hope he does.

Alot of guys on bench gonna be looking to make moves

During one sequence in the GT game, he came in for a play. GT ran the ball to his side and he took on a blocker and forced the RB inside where he was quickly tackled for no to minimum game. He got up excited but was immediately taken out for the next play. He put his head down and sprinted off the field. You could see his disappointment (body language) on the sideline.

Not blaming the coaches. Not blaming the player. Just did not work.

Go be great, kid!

Advertisement
During one sequence in the GT game, he came in for a play. GT ran the ball to his side and he took on a blocker and forced the RB inside where he was quickly tackled for no to minimum game. He got up excited but was immediately taken out for the next play. He put his head down and sprinted off the field. You could see his disappointment (body language) on the sideline.

Not blaming the coaches. Not blaming the player. Just did not work.

Go be great, kid!

This. Kid had the juice to be a player here but he was often mis-used while here.

It’s a shame. Best of luck to the kid

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back