Frierson: Storm 18 coming to finish what ‘17 class started

He's a bully off the line in press and is so incredibly long, so he could be used in that role against bigger receivers. He also has the size/skillset to be a center field FS. I just don't know if i would use him as much as a zone or off corner, where change of direction is more important than length or long speed.

I think wherever we play him, he's an intriguing athlete and position diverse, so he adds flexibility to one heck of a future DB group. Same can be said for Blades.

Advertisement
the thought of him and Gurv Hall roaming the back end of the secondary as our FS and SS gives me a chubby. Length, athleticism, violence, range, ball skills, the TOTAL package.

Honestly, each one of our DB commits could end up being Round 1 NFL guys.

Advertisement
Rodriguez better be doing mat drills in the spring to get ready for all the times he is gonna have to get out the chain for this kid

We have such a sick class coming in...

Grabbing Campbell, Surtain, or Samuels would just be stacking extra chips for ships

FS I think is his money position. If we get Campbell and Samuel, it will allow us to move him to FS. Him and Hall roaming back there is scary.

This.

Frierson is my favorite defensive player in Storm 2018 so far. I love this kids frame, length, athleticism and ball skills. Yes he can play CB and he could be an AA there but to me Frierson is as natural a FS as you can find and a classic UM caliber FS at that. Kid has the physical tools, the speed, the range, the instincts and ball skills to be that dominant ballhawking centerfielder type FS with sideline to sideline range.

I know it's mental *********ion for the time being but imagine Frierson at FS Hall and Carter at SS, Campbell and Surtain at CB along with Ivey and Blades, and Bandy, Young and Samuel inside at Nickel.

We have such a sick class coming in...

Grabbing Campbell, Surtain, or Samuels would just be stacking extra chips for ships

We've got to land one of the mentioned 3 with Tyson being the one I'd take over the rest. Getting Ty and any of the other two is just icing on the cake. Getting all 3 would be just flat out ridiculous, an embarrassment of riches.

Advertisement
FS I think is his money position. If we get Campbell and Samuel, it will allow us to move him to FS. Him and Hall roaming back there is scary.

This.

Frierson is my favorite defensive player in Storm 2018 so far. I love this kids frame, length, athleticism and ball skills. Yes he can play CB and he could be an AA there but to me Frierson is as natural a FS as you can find and a classic UM caliber FS at that. Kid has the physical tools, the speed, the range, the instincts and ball skills to be that dominant ballhawking centerfielder type FS with sideline to sideline range.

I know it's mental *********ion for the time being but imagine Frierson at FS Hall and Carter at SS, Campbell and Surtain at CB along with Ivey and Blades, and Bandy, Young and Samuel inside at Nickel.

completely agree. FS is where Gil will someday make MILLIONS of dollars

I know the first thought is “future safety” but I love a physical bully at CB. College WRs can’t deal with being beat up.

52072758.0.jpg
13227739_1469474823078715_3632360595828554011_o.jpg

I always thought he reminded me of Antrel, but lengthier

Advertisement
Frierson is a stud, this kid has performed at a very high level and competed against really good competition throughout his HS career, this kid will come in and compete for PT right away!! I really believe FS is the perfect position for him, we need someone on the back end that will come up to make the hit BUT most of all have that ball-hawking ability.. Besides a few tweets he made thru out the season, he was another kid that I thought got overlooked and we never heard much about after he committed to Miami BUT this kid was definitely the total package!!

Advertisement
I still need to watch more but Frierson as the field safety (where Redwine plays) with Hall as the boundary safety (where Quan plays) seems like an insane combo. That role lets Frierson man up against receivers in addition to normal safety responsibilities.

I still need to watch more but Frierson as the field safety (where Redwine plays) with Hall as the boundary safety (where Quan plays) seems like an insane combo. That role lets Frierson man up against receivers in addition to normal safety responsibilities.

Imo Gilbert is a free safety all the way

Safety. No question. Rumph might be able to make him a serviceable CB, but he was getting all kinds of worked over at Paradise Camp trying to cover WRs. He can be an absolutely insane Safety with his range and ball skills.

SAFETY is the position that would definitely fit him best.. The thing I can see happening with this Storm18' DB group, is (Frierson, Hall, Blades and Ivey) ALL getting crossed-trained, making them learn both positions Safety/CB!! And I honestly don't see that as a bad idea, we all know how Manny likes to rotate fresh bodies in and out, that makes it easier to rotate a boat load of talent IF the DBs know both positions..

Advertisement
Back