Frierson: Storm 18 coming to finish what ‘17 class started

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
Miami cornerback commitment Gilbert Frierson spoke with CanesInSight this morning about his official visit to The U.

Despite Josh Jobe’s decommitment yesterday, Frierson is still extremely excited about the crew coming in.

“I‎t was great to get with the guys all at once,” Frierson said. “It’s sad that we lost Joshua, but I trust this group we have and am very confident in us.”

One surprise for a few lucky visitors this weekend was when Canes legend Frank Gore stopped by the hotel to check in on his younger cousin Frierson — Gore was in town after playing the Thursday night game against Denver.

“I‎t was cool to get him around some of the Storm 18 commits for a little bit so he could see what the future holds,” Frierson said.

Frierson said that he saw FB commit Realus George give him a shoutout about his swag. He shared that they already have a nickname for the fullback.

“We call him Unc,” Frierson said with a laugh.

The longtime Canes commit will make I‎t official on Wednesday at 9 AM, as he signs his letter of intent at a ceremony at Coral Gables HS.

“I’m very excited and ready to sign with my brothers. It’s all about The U — Storm 18 is coming to help and finish what the 2017 class started.”

Advertisement
Severely underrated by our fan base and in the rankings.. Kid is 6'1 pushing 6'2 with a wingspan of a small forward... This kid will be a top 2 round pick... I think he's going to fill out and play safety in the 215 range.. Also this kid can return punts and kicks

FS I think is his money position. If we get Campbell and Samuel, it will allow us to move him to FS. Him and Hall roaming back there is scary.

Severely underrated by our fan base and in the rankings.. Kid is 6'1 pushing 6'2 with a wingspan of a small forward... This kid will be a top 2 round pick... I think he's going to fill out and play safety in the 215 range.. Also this kid can return punts and kicks

Agreed, thought this kid looked like he was in his twenties last year. I think he is going to be an absolute stud. Glad he an Hall stayed on board.

Advertisement
Lmaoo he call the bag chaser by his government name

Very excited about this group we having coming in. Next fall we'll have a lot of talent at DB and on offensive at the skilled positions

I'm patiently waiting for his senior clips to drop.

He made a ton of big plays on special teams (as a returner) and offense. Versatile player with the tools of a five-star.

Advertisement
FS I think is his money position. If we get Campbell and Samuel, it will allow us to move him to FS. Him and Hall roaming back there is scary.

I see him as FS all the way, but pete's been pretty steadfast with CB, so who knows.

I'm patiently waiting for his senior clips to drop.

He made a ton of big plays on special teams (as a returner) and offense. Versatile player with the tools of a five-star.

something this team is missing badly is a couple special teams guys that are SPECIAL. hopefully between gilbert, pope, and hall that changes.

Advertisement
Gilbert is a Player! If we can add any 2 of Samuel, Campbell or Surtain...Well ****! Not sure who's up for 2019, but this is making up for goldie years.

This kid may be the best out of all the DB commits. Physical and athletic with a basketball player wing span. He will probably play around 195-200 this year.

Advertisement
Unc!! Perfect name for the Realus guy in the room.

I was thinking "Pops", since he looks old enough to be a recruits father, and that's the sound it makes when he smacks people. Very excited about him at FB.

They had a story on this over the weekend. The kids were calling Realus "Pops" but Coach Richt stepped in and said 'I'm Pops so you'll have to call him something else.' Reportedly, the staff was calling Realus "Mr. George."

https://www.canesinsight.com/thread/canes/128302

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back