Freshman and Player of year awards per 247.

dforgie

Sophomore
According to a guy on 247
Freshman
1. Watson from Clemson, when healthy, was outstanding. 14 TD's, with only 2 Int. Will be best QB in ACC for next 2 years.
2. Cook RB from FSU, great Freshman campaign, 1st 5 games only 24 carries, would have broken 1000 yards easily if he would have gotten into the rotation earlier. Last 7 games, 600 yards.
3. Kaaya , real good freshman campaign. Looks to have nice future ahead of him. 25 TD's and 11 Int

Defense freshman of the year was Blanding from UVA

Offensive Player of year
1. Rashad Greene FSU
2. Duke
3. Jameis WInston

Defensive Player of year

Thought Perryman might get this, but they named Holiman, Safety from Louisville. Had 14 Int.

Player of Year

Rashad Greene

Coach of year
Fisher FSU

3:00, they will come out with their All ACC teams.

Advertisement
Cook & Kaaya should be co-freshman of year for ACC.

Offensive player should be Duke and Connor in a share. Not Greene.

Defensive I could say is fair with Holliman and Denzel the runner up.

Im sure ACC will release their own eventually as they always do.

I would take Denzel, but 14 Int is hard to overlook.

I think Kaaya, Cook and Watson all have a right to this award. I think if Watson was healthy all year, he is the top of the 3. That kid is a stud.

I could see Duke or Greene winning Offensive player of year. Both have had great seasons.

1st team TE is going to be close between Clive and O'Leary. Both are great TE's. Stats pretty equal, but Clive had 2 more TD's.

Advertisement
Watson will be the better QB but BK should be the FOY and it's not close.

Greene over Duke is laughable. Connor should probably share the award with Duke though.

Holliman picks off 14 passes and the one he straight ******* drops would've sunk FSU in the second half. For that, I can't give it to him.

Even though Denzel is our guy, INTs for a DB carry more weight IMO than tackles for a LB.

Advertisement
I hate when awards play hypothetical nonsense.

Watson may very well be the best QB in the ACC next year, but he wasn't the best freshman QB this year. Not even close.

Even though Denzel is our guy, INTs for a DB carry more weight IMO than tackles for a LB.

A DB having 14 INTs in a season is beyond impressive. That's ridiculous. No problem with him winning DPOY.

/LOL at us having at least 3 players on the first team and finishing last in the Coastal

Advertisement
Back