Fresh Jake Garcia thread

I think we should go after Walter Simmons he’s a dual threat qb and goes to school with Jalen rivers and chantz williams

Advertisement
That’s a Cali kid, I know everyone seems down and everything (I am Too) but that’s a nonsensical statement from that kid since the schools he’s considering the most clemson and usc probably have much less players in the league than Miami. Clemson players aren’t doing much in the league outside a few names deshaun Watson/Hopkins and usc has greatly fallen off even more so than Miami despite based on recruiting rankings bringing in top 5 classes annually for the last 10-15 years

Brock; let me explain optics to you, OK?

We get so caught up on guys doing chit in the league v. making it to the league. These guys are getting drafted day 1, day 2, day 3, and day 4. Majority are getting drafted between day 1 and day 2. So, fck if they are living up to their draft status, mama I got guaranteed $!!! And the more these guys get drafted in these rounds, plus winning championships, the better the chances are if they attend such schools.

Miami?? We have guys getting drafted on day 3 and barely on day 4. But here’s the cold thing; our guys ARE doing well in the league as late round picks, so then the narrative becomes “how did so & so get drafted so late?” Awwww chit; maybe it’s because of how so & so looked in Orange & Green and he was undervalued. Now instead of so & so getting guaranteed $, he’s got to fight for a roster spot.

That’s a bad look; it means guys are losing money and it’s been that way for a while.

And for the record; I’m a little tired of having to explain this. We went from boasting about pumping out 1st round picks, to now justifying we’re still “NFLU” b/c we pumping out 4th - UDFA picks?? FML.

Last edited:

We get so caught up on guys doing chit in the league v. making it to the league. These guys are getting drafted day 1, day 2, day 3, and day 4. Majority are getting drafted between day 1 and day 2. So, f if they are living up to their draft status, mama I got guaranteed $. And the more these guys get that drafted in these rounds, plus winning championships, the better the chances are they get drafted.

Miami; we guys getting drafted on day 3 and barely day 4. But here’s the cold thing; our guys ARE doing well in the league as late round picks, so then the narrative becomes “how did so & so get drafted so late?” Awwww chit; maybe it’s because of how so & so looked in Orange & Green and he was undervalued. Now instead of so & so getting guaranteed $, he’s got to fight for a roster spot.

That’s a bad look; it means guys are losing money and it’s been that way for a while.

And for the record; I’m a little tired of having to explain this. We went from boasting about pumping out 1st round picks, to now justifying we’re still “NFLU” b/c we pumping out 4th - UDFA picks?? FML.
We have 4 first rounders since 2015 , not great but still top 10 probably and if you look at money made per college Miami is top 5 in nfl salaries without a major salary like a qb that greatly boost other teams. In addition to that Miami is top 3 in nfl players on active rosters which is nothing scoff at. Making an nfl roster ain’t easy whatsoever. I explained this weeks ago but only reason miami is not getting the abundance of first round picks because we are recruiting at a top 15-20 level for the last decade despite all of that Miami is developing what they have and out producing what the talent they are bringing in annually suggest they should. If Miami got more top 10 classes they would produce more first/2nd round draft picks it’s simple. All goes back to we got to recruit better than we are right now

He may turn out to be a good college QB but he doesn't have conventional 5* traits. He's heavy-footed as evidenced by his poor 20-yd shuttle score and he doesn't drive the ball with velocity. It's kinda fitting that he's gonna end up at USC because they recruited a lot of those types over the years like Matt Leinart (better arm), JD Booty, Matt Barkley and Cody Kessler. Those types would get exposed badly by this OL and scheme. Brad Kaaya was better than Garcia imo and he had his share of struggles in a better offensive ecosystem due to those same deficient physical traits.

And the youtube thing....he better be dominant or teammates are gonna bust his balls non-stop.

Advertisement
This is why you dont play the zions of the world when you need to win now...

Sucks but Jarren looks legit we will have him another 2 maybe 3 years... with Enos hopefully grooming the successor
Enos won’t be here for his successor, neither will manny. And you can take that to the bank!

Advertisement

We get so caught up on guys doing chit in the league v. making it to the league. These guys are getting drafted day 1, day 2, day 3, and day 4. Majority are getting drafted between day 1 and day 2. So, f if they are living up to their draft status, mama I got guaranteed $. And the more these guys get that drafted in these rounds, plus winning championships, the better the chances are they get drafted.

Miami; we guys getting drafted on day 3 and barely day 4. But here’s the cold thing; our guys ARE doing well in the league as late round picks, so then the narrative becomes “how did so & so get drafted so late?” Awwww chit; maybe it’s because of how so & so looked in Orange & Green and he was undervalued. Now instead of so & so getting guaranteed $, he’s got to fight for a roster spot.

"Come to Miami...we suck and you'll get under drafted but after that it'll be awesome."

Let me explain something to you; if that’s your example of “making it to the league” as a blue chip recruit, then you’re clearly defining why kids ain’t coming here.

You do realize just because someone is a blue chip recruit and produce in college doesn’t mean they will be a starter in the NFL

The fact is they all got a chance to start and all produce. It’s not the programs fault the player can’t run a 4.4

Didn’t realize it was UM’s fault Mark Walton decided to be an idiot and get arrested

Advertisement
Kids like this want to be drafted highly and fact of the matter is winning teams (and USC) generally have guys get drafted higher. Right or wrong you look better on a good staff with a good team and good W/L. I wouldn’t wanna ruin my career at Miami either where we don’t feature our talent well

C08804D9-5333-4B82-8945-2CD9528F0DBC.jpeg

Probably not a good sign that our best commit is referencing going else where as a business decision.

Advertisement
Belen Jesuit, different breed than most elite south Florida kids, remember that, it’s an important fact.

It may be an important fact if your team isn’t a dumpster fire. That is what we currently are. If this doesn’t drastically improve I don’t expect him to sign here.

It may be an important fact if your team isn’t a dumpster fire. That is what we currently are. If this doesn’t drastically improve I don’t expect him to sign here.
You are taking that out of context, Chaney is built different, in the day and age of highschoolers transferring at an all time high in south florida, Chaney stayed at a school like Belen Jesuit. He’s a loyal guy through and through, quit worrying

We have 4 first rounders since 2015 , not great but still top 10 probably and if you look at money made per college Miami is top 5 in nfl salaries without a major salary like a qb that greatly boost other teams. In addition to that Miami is top 3 in nfl players on active rosters which is nothing scoff at. Making an nfl roster ain’t easy whatsoever. I explained this weeks ago but only reason miami is not getting the abundance of first round picks because we are recruiting at a top 15-20 level for the last decade despite all of that Miami is developing what they have and out producing what the talent they are bringing in annually suggest they should. If Miami got more top 10 classes they would produce more first/2nd round draft picks it’s simple. All goes back to we got to recruit better than we are right now

You are absolutely correct, it's not easy making an NFL roster, so why would a highly ranked kid come here to get drafted in the 4th, 5th, and 6th round when those guys are always fighting for their NFL spots?

We've recruited just fine, hence we've still been producing NFL players, and to your point, they are sticking around the league, including our UDFA. So what that tells us is that, what I'VE BEEN SAYING SINCE GOLDEN, we are not very good at developing players which is a turn off. Since you want to put 2015 as your bench mark argument, I'm going to do a comparison between Miss St and Miami's recruiting classes for argument sake:

2012: Miami # 10 / MSU #22
2013: Miami #14 / MSU #24
2014: Miami #12 / MSU #36
2015: Miami #27 / MSU #18
2016: Miami #22 / MSU #28
2017: Miami #12 / MSU #24

The reason why I'm not going to include the 2018/2019 classes b/c of the draft picks we've had since 2015 - present. These classes would represent this.

You would agree that based upon these ranking, Miami has continually out recruited MSU, correct? Yet, MSU have gone the same 49-29 as we have since 2012, but against a much harder schedule. They've also won 4 bowl games during this period while we've won 1. They've produced 9 top 3 round draft picks since 2015, we've produced 8. They've produced 3 first round draft picks since 2015, we've produced 4, and they just had 3 players drafted in the first in 2019.

So here's a small sample size to rebut your argument that we are out producing. On the contrary, my guy; we are thoroughly under developing our guys here. Since 2012, we've had the best classes in the Coastal. ****, even our wack class in 2015 was the best class in the Coastal and our abomination of the 2019 class was only bested by VT (one spot). And what's even more sad, it's a huge talent gap between our class rankings since 2012 and the rest of the Corstal.

We've done just fine recruiting. Should we be vying for a playoff spot every year w/ these classes? Probably not. Should be producing at least 2nd and 3rd rounders with these classes consistently? Absolutely. Should we be a mainstay in the ACCCG w/ these classes? Absolutely. So since we're not, kids don't want to come here. Why? B/c we are misusing, under developing, and wasting talent here. To my man @Liberty City El stated, if we're really about that x and o life, we wouldn't be wasting class, after class, after class, looking a lot worst than we are, and costing kids money.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back