2023 Frankie Tinilau - OL from Australia - Committed!

Advertisement
I am hoping this becomes an "If Jordan Mailata played college ball" story. Frankie isn't quite as big and I'm not sure he has those athletic traits, but they come from similar backgrounds and Mailata has shown that you can make up a lot of ground quickly if you work.

Advertisement
A kid like this would have been our best option at LT over a 3 year recruiting cycle in the past. He would have been forced to start at UF in his freshman year without having the proper time to fill out his frame. Eventually he would turn the corner and become a stud in his final year. It’s great to know that a guy like this is now one of 6 studs that will be coming in yearly. I love the skill set of Okunlola, Mauigoa, and Freeling. Guys like Tinilua are just as important and have a real chance to compete with them in a couple years. When the backups in the trenches have NFL potential, you have a real shot against any program.

A kid like this would have been our best option at LT over a 3 year recruiting cycle in the past. He would have been forced to start at UF in his freshman year without having the proper time to fill out his frame. Eventually he would turn the corner and become a stud in his final year. It’s great to know that a guy like this is now one of 6 studs that will be coming in yearly. I love the skill set of Okunlola, Mauigoa, and Freeling. Guys like Tinilua are just as important and have a real chance to compete with them in a couple years. When the backups in the trenches have NFL potential, you have a real shot against any program.
He could have been demoralized after getting online abuse too. He is coming to the right system and situation. Ceiling as high as any OL we have, he is huge.

Advertisement
Looking like a monster. Don't be shocked if he is one of the highest drafted out of this recruiting class. You know he is gonna study the techniques and work on his body in the weight room

Advertisement
Advertisement
That’s probably Frankie’s ceiling as well. He has a lower floor, but his potential is through the roof.don’t know what his CEI
Kid is so raw, we don’t know what his ceiling is. Reality is that right now he is blank canvas but he is more likely to be a dud than a top 15 pick. Let’s not start with the hyperbole here

Kid is so raw, we don’t know what his ceiling is. Reality is that right now he is blank canvas but he is more likely to be a dud than a top 15 pick. Let’s not start with the hyperbole here
Projecting anyone at 17 as a top 15 pick is highly speculative. That’s my point. Frankie has tons of potential. He isn’t your ordinary 84 rated kid. We will probably see his rating go up once his season starts this fall.

Advertisement
Back