Confirmed Frank Ponce hired as QB Coach

Then doubled down with BS about what a mess the OC/DC search were going. He went from being anti-UM to nut ridding since the Steele hire.

Yep. I mean, I can appreciate anyone becoming a UM fan (later or sooner), but fvck this guy for trying to give us a Roman helmet, and now acting like he's Mario's biggest fan...

Fvck Brandon Marshmellow...
1644464839311.png

Advertisement
I'm glad it wasn't Coley.

I'm typically a skeptic, but when has there been this much excitement since we were at the top of the food chain? Legitimately, this staff is coming together and there isn't any inexperience or weak additions.

Does that mean there won't be speedbumps along the way? No, that's to be expected. I know people want it all right now and I hope all the parts come together and get us off the road to recovery back to where we want to be.

We'll see what we're lacking this upcoming season as a team. How many weren't coached up or put in a position to succeed. I can promise there's going to be some players that were written off that'll shine. Schematically and fundamentally we'll be improved.

Coley as OC, disaster.

Coley as QB, concerning.

Coley as TE, walk-off grand slam.

There is a reason he is TE/Co-OC at TAMU now. He's an elite recruiter who is connected all over the southeast, especially in FL and SFL particularly.

Everything is relative.

As long as he's coordinating a passing game that helps offset that Harbaugh trash I had to watch Gattis run, I'm in.
SERIOUSLY. I WATCHED TAPE FROM 19’-21’ ON MICH. MAN I HOPE THAT WAS HARBAUGHS IMPRINTS. THAT **** WILL NOT FLY HERE. IM NOT AGAINST A POWER RUN GAME. WHAT I SAW JUST REMINDED OF OLD SCHOOL B10 FOOTBALL. JUST WITH SPREAD FORMATIONS. THE PASSING GAME WAS NOT VERY INNOVATIVE AT ALL. DIDNT LOOK LIKE ANYTHING NEAR BAMA’S OFFENSE. I ALSO KNOW HE DIDNT HAVE THE PERSONNEL. TO RUN IT. JUST LIKE WE DO T HAVE THE OLINE FOR A POWER RUN GAME. SO WERE ALL IN A WAIT AND SEE MODE. IM ROOTING AND PULLING FOR HIM. TO MAKE US LOOKE LIKE THE OFFENSE HE ENVISIONED.

Advertisement
I know rb coach is traditionally a recurring spot but I feel like hickson didn’t develop. Kevin smith does both. Liked him at ucf sadly he was apart of the 0-15 staff.

Dude, he was an amazing RB.

He gave a great couple of years for Detroit before injuries hit.

PLEASE LOOK AT THIS MAN IN THE NFL. High character. You can tell the guy thinks more than of himself. Godly man. TBH, my favorite RB Coach hire since I can remember.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Why is it unreasonable for him to be a OC in waiting exactly? He was a OC already.
Because his resume doesn’t even come close to stacking up against the resumes of the coaches we just interviewed. Mario was in touch with a head coach; OCs from Michigan, Arkansas, and Notre Dame; the OC from Kentucky who coached in the NFL for a HC that’s about to win a Super Bowl; and we made a run at a former NFL OC and a now current NFL OC.

Now take a look at Ponce’a resume—ONE season of calling plays at App St—and tell me how he possibly belongs in the conversation with those other coaches, even after a year or two as our qb coach.

Advertisement
My guess? To replace Gattis when he leaves for a HC gig in 1-3yrs

Yeah. You got negged on your post, but at this point, yes.

Do people really think that a Mario would hire FP as a QB coach without considering him as a hire down for OC down the road?

QB Coach, the position, has a very natural progression to be an OC. If anyone says otherwise, they done went full ratard.

Not to **** on the parade but didn’t we kinda already figure either him or Coley would probably be coming here? I’m saying it’s not really a shock, right? Like I trust in Mario more than I did Diaz but I’ll hold off on being super ecstatic before any meaningful snaps take place. It’s the off season, there’s always hope in the off season..

Soooooo see my post earlier in the thread….can’t please……we’ll you know the rest.

Advertisement
Back