Confirmed Frank Ponce hired as QB Coach

Advertisement
Where are people coming up with the asinine idea that Ponce is somehow a coach in waiting or in line to be OC when Gattis moves on to a HC gig? Have we learned nothing from this search?!? Mario tried to lure a freakin head coach to be OC, offered Tommy Rees $2 million, and landed a Broyles Award winner. But somehow 1-2 years of coaching qbs here is going to put Ponce and his one year of playcalling experience into that class of coaches? Great hire as a qb coach but GTFO with this OC in waiting nonsense.

I know rb coach is traditionally a recurring spot but I feel like hickson didn’t develop. Kevin smith does both. Liked him at ucf sadly he was apart of the 0-15 staff.
Same bro. All our RBs stayed the same under hickson. I really like Kevin, great recruiter and technician. It seems to me that he was one of the shining stars on the UCF staff that year even though everything else didn't work out well haha.

Advertisement
This really is a fantastic hire. Good things are happening at the U. Alignment between the President, BoT/ boosters/ AD/ and head coach is so integral for success.

Facilities are gonna be improving. The entire operation is getting a remodel which it badly needed.

I didn’t think we’d see this day, but I’m thankful.

This really is a fantastic hire. Good things are happening at the U. Alignment between the President, BoT/ boosters/ AD/ and head coach is so integral for success.

Facilities are gonna be improving. The entire operation is getting a remodel which it badly needed.

I didn’t think we’d see this day, but I’m thankful.
From FIU loss to what we have now has been unreal

Advertisement
****! I’m down in the DR on vaca and snuck away from my wife to check this site.

Amazing hire! This staff is really coming together nicely.

1644463075229.png

Where are people coming up with the asinine idea that Ponce is somehow a coach in waiting or in line to be OC when Gattis moves on to a HC gig? Have we learned nothing from this search?!? Mario tried to lure a freakin head coach to be OC, offered Tommy Rees $2 million, and landed a Broyles Award winner. But somehow 1-2 years of coaching qbs here is going to put Ponce and his one year of playcalling experience into that class of coaches? Great hire as a qb coach but GTFO with this OC in waiting nonsense.
Why is it unreasonable for him to be a OC in waiting exactly? He was a OC already.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I think what I am the most intrigued about is the fact that he's coming to work with Gattis in unison. The word is that we're going to run the ball well and also spread. The 'spread power run'...

I have seen this over and over with Saban. Cristobal is no dummy.

We have all seen our best position players bounce to SEC schools and Clemson. This is saying that, not only are we going to mimic that, but we're going to do it better...because we have already. 01 Canes... remember.

We don't have the depth in the trenches that we need yet, but we're close.
We dont have the depth in our defensive secondary yet, but we're close.

I love this hire. If we're not poised to make a ridiculous statement, this season, than you can't say we didn't try.

We beed a solid LB guy...who is it?

Advertisement
Back