Confirmed Frank Ponce hired as QB Coach

Advertisement
Not to **** on the parade but didn’t we kinda already figure either him or Coley would probably be coming here? I’m saying it’s not really a shock, right? Like I trust in Mario more than I did Diaz but I’ll hold off on being super ecstatic before any meaningful snaps take place. It’s the off season, there’s always hope in the off season..
I never expected him to be hired as QB coach only. Maybe OC AND QB coach, but not QB coach alone. THAT is what makes this hire so stinking good.

Not to **** on the parade but didn’t we kinda already figure either him or Coley would probably be coming here? I’m saying it’s not really a shock, right? Like I trust in Mario more than I did Diaz but I’ll hold off on being super ecstatic before any meaningful snaps take place. It’s the off season, there’s always hope in the off season..
Did you say don’t be negative when Jon Richt was hired?

So what the fck are we supposed to do if not evaluate the quality of hires now that signing day is over but spring ball isn’t here?

It’s kinda obvious we have to wait and see.

I'm glad it wasn't Coley.

I'm typically a skeptic, but when has there been this much excitement since we were at the top of the food chain? Legitimately, this staff is coming together and there isn't any inexperience or weak additions.

Does that mean there won't be speedbumps along the way? No, that's to be expected. I know people want it all right now and I hope all the parts come together and get us off the road to recovery back to where we want to be.

We'll see what we're lacking this upcoming season as a team. How many weren't coached up or put in a position to succeed. I can promise there's going to be some players that were written off that'll shine. Schematically and fundamentally we'll be improved.

Advertisement
No joke but it DOES feel like ******' to take a hire that many of us would've hated (Ponce as OC) and to turn it in to one that many of us love (Ponce as QB Coach). To not settle and to have realllll solid people in the roles where they currently belong if you actually are trying to establish a national championship caliber staff.

******-fantastic.

Morgan Freeman Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

I'm glad it wasn't Coley.

I'm typically a skeptic, but when has there been this much excitement since we were at the top of the food chain? Legitimately, this staff is coming together and there isn't any inexperience or weak additions.

Does that mean there won't be speedbumps along the way? No, that's to be expected. I know people want it all right now and I hope all the parts come together and get us off the road to recovery back to where we want to be.

We'll see what we're lacking this upcoming season as a team. How many weren't coached up or put in a position to succeed. I can promise there's going to be some players that were written off that'll shine. Schematically and fundamentally we'll be improved.
It might surprise people how many players jump off the screen this year. Coaching makes a huge difference. I guarantee you there were players that came in and never found that next gear under Manny. Why? Because Manny wouldn't have a clue how to GET them into that next gear. It's exactly why he used trinkets and participation trophies. He needed them to try to get the players to get to the next level themselves.

Advertisement
It's a shock in that Ponce is coming to UM, but not as an OC.

Appalachian State isn't UM by any stretch of the imagination, but poaching a guy who was the OC of a program that averaged 34.5 points, 441.3 yards per game last season, and was the No. 22 scoring offensive to become a QB coach is pretty impressive. Excellent hire.

Agreed. He is the only coach, besides ponce, where if you go to their fans boards, their is nothing but good things being said about them for the past few years.
I know rb coach is traditionally a recurring spot but I feel like hickson didn’t develop. Kevin smith does both. Liked him at ucf sadly he was apart of the 0-15 staff.

U can see the ceo type moves
Always planning ahead
It’s not a coincidence
All the assistants he hires are high enough quality that they could realistically step in if one of the coordinators leave after a year or even 2

It’s hate using this analogy but we’re playing like an sec team right now
The gap between us and the acc is gonna be huge soon

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back