Confirmed Frank Ponce hired as QB Coach

Advertisement
Teams --> Team. Only the Giants. THE GIANTS. [end of debate]

edit: Anyone with eyes and a functioning brain knew Daniel Jones was *** at Duke. Same with Trubisky at UNC.
Trubisky lol. Everyone and their mother saw that bust coming. I remember Bears fans scratching their heads after they moved up the draft to get him.

Yeah, sorry, my post was a response to a message saying we now have the best staff in UM history. I gave plain evidence that '88 staff would be difficult to top. I understood @Cryptical Envelopment's response because he mentioned it's hindsight. No problem.

It doesn't change the fact it was a staff loaded to the gills with coaching talent. We may be hiring "more proven" commodities in comparison to what JJ did, but it doesn't necessarily mean they have more talent. I hope they do. Mario seems to have a good eye for identifying coaching talent.

But, will still be very difficult to top. You have a few NFL head coaches on that staff and multiple NCAA HC champions. One of the best evaluators of all time, besides Jimmy himself, was merely the DL coach. It's a monster staff and validation of JJ's insane, HoF foresight.
@LuCane ....Butch's staff (albeit Miller) from 95-2000 was pretty **** impressive itself....
Soldinger = Best RB coach in UM History
Kehoe = arguably Best OL coach in UM History
Pagano = Best DB & ST coach in UM History
C. Johnson = Best WR coach in UM History

Maybe Ponce likes the idea of getting more $ with less responsibility. Not to mention, being at Miami vs App St.

Also, it may be a better path for him to get an OC job at a better school while QB coach at Miami vs OC at App St.

Maybe he is interested in coaching future NFL athletes for a team that has its games televised.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Kehoe = arguably Best OL coach in UM History

65D32421-245B-4DC9-89A3-C4B8C548D97D.gif

The responses in this thread go to the old saying…” you can please some of the people all the time or All of the people some of the time or then there’s CIS where the majority of some of the people and most of all the people are gonna bi tch just to bi tch about what the other people agree on All the time “

Advertisement
Advertisement
On a side note.. I hope App State hires Taylor Lamb to be OC. Just got hired as QB coach at UVA. App State legend with all of their records. He was OC at Gardner Webb in 2021 - another guy that knows the Satterfield system inside and out. Only 27 years old.

Might be too green for a consistent winner like App State to consider.

There isn’t enough cheese in all of Wisconsin for the whining little beeaatches in here.
I didn’t want him as oc either.
But to have a dude like ponce attached to the Qb’s is golden.

Advertisement
Back