Confirmed Frank Ponce hired as QB Coach

1.) doesn’t matter he’s not the OC or even Co-OC

2.) who would you prefer? I mean dude has a nice resume and was as a decent G5 play calling OC

3.) He saw improvement because he got better coaching and an OC who worked with his strengths?
Are you trying to say frank Ponce is a better QB coach than Brandon Streeter who has directly coached Taylor Heinecke at ODU and deshawn Watson and Trevor Lawrence at Clemson?

And a better QB developer than David Cutcliffe?

Brice played better because he went from the ACC to the sun belt.

Advertisement
How a QB improves comes down to the talent surrounding him. If a QB is somewhat consistent in his production, its a better sign compared to a guy going up and down or being up and just collapsing afterwards.

Advertisement
Some great spin zones going on in here. App states offense scored 10 points against Miami and 16 points in 2021. So either 1. Diaz’s defense is good, 2. ponce stinks, or 3. it’s because of the talent gap.

1. We all know Diaz’s defense isn’t good unless it’s generating turnovers.

2. Ponce stinks

3. Talent gap is possible, but if so that explains why chase Brice saw a dramatic improvement in his numbers going from P5 ACC to G5 Sun belt.

The three main guys ponce has worked with are.

1. Taylor Lamb 2014 - 2017 - no real development numbers wise.

2. Malik Cunningham 2019 - 2020 - saw his numbers go down in his second year working with Ponce

3. Chase Brice - see above

If Ponce wasn’t a Miami guy and him and Mario didn’t have a prior relationship he wouldn’t even be a candidate here.
If you watch the 2021 game, you should know that we won that game because App State receivers drop balls all game. They should have beat us by 2 touchdowns, and this is coming from someone that has been roasting Ponce every time his name came up in Cribby thread.

Advertisement
Football Scoop got it now

Gary Vermin rn:

Nbc Brooklyn 99 GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

So you’d rather Coley be the OC in waiting? No thank you if that’s what he wanted. No ******* way.

Gun to my head I without hesitation take Ponce over Coley calling plays and I’d be willing to bet Ponce is a much better play caller than Coley.

I know he’s basically a meme on here, but Ponce is a good QB coach that has worked his way up the ladder and spent time around some quality offensive minds. He works alongside Gattis for a year or two he can only improve. But for right now, great hire for QB coach.

Since when did I say coley would be OCIW?

You missed my point. If coley is QBC, no way Mario elefantes him to OC once gattis leaves. However, if ponce is QBC, there’s a chance Mario promotes him to OC after gattis leaves

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back