Frank Ponce as co-OC

I’m of the opinion that “this” offense looks exactly the way Mario wants it to look. The execution…no. But the style, yes.

I’m not sure where or why folks think a different OC is going to present a different style of O with Mario giving his blessing.

If the offense opens up… has more pace, it will happen when he thinks that should occur. Whether we want to accept it or not this offense looks exactly how he wants it to look… at least for now.

We were not a tough team… soft up front and a lot of that was scheme oriented. He vowed to rid of us of that and by the looks of it he has. Miami has tried to be a finesse team and it got us no where.

It may take a bit for ur all to click but one thing for sure we not a soft *** team anymore and I love it.

Advertisement
You guys didn’t even want Ponce here, got spooked his name was brought up, got hella spooked when he came on staff, & now u want him to be Co-OC?

Lol. My god. Don King says Only in America; Rellyrell says Only in CIS
Hahaha. Too funny man. Been grinding all day at work. Needed a good laugh. I knew I could find just the right thread to do it. Found it.

i'm dead smh GIF by Robert E Blackmon

You guys didn’t even want Ponce here, got spooked his name was brought up, got hella spooked when he came on staff, & now u want him to be Co-OC?

Lol. My god. Don King says Only in America; Rellyrell says Only in CIS

I'm so glad you responded with this because I read the title and OP and was about to do a search to find the parts of that coaching staff thread where everyone and their mother was scared Ponce was going to be the OC (and were relieved when he was named QB coach). Sometimes it is really wild how quickly this CIS mob mentality can shift.

Advertisement
This is Mario's offense. No OC hire is gonna make things that different unless he has a change in philosophy

Advertisement
You CAN. You also may be reluctant when passes get dropped.

#1 problem that needs to be addressed are the dropsies.
You can also use route concepts that don't run the receiving options into the defense... getting the players killed and making the QB reluctant to throw because everywhere he looks somebody is covered because the play design ran them into a covered zone.

Gattis is a bigger issue than the players right now

Advertisement
That is what happened at Michigan. The guy who coached TE's from 2018-2020 and is credited with their success was made Co / OC and OL coach in 2021 and took some of Gattis' responsibilities. In the offseason everybody was "fingers crossed" hoping that Mario / Gattis were talking about actually having SOME spread aspects to their "power spread" offense ... but so far it isn't looking like that's happening.
on the interview of TVD this a.m. he indicated that the O room is open to doing some hurry up and similar plays from last year. Putting them in with what they are presently working, and he is on board with it....very interesting observation considering that Gattis called his game, but we never finished in the end zone.. Make TVD comfortable and we should have some good games in the ACC coming up.

I’m of the opinion that “this” offense looks exactly the way Mario wants it to look. The execution…no. But the style, yes.

I’m not sure where or why folks think a different OC is going to present a different style of O with Mario giving his blessing.

If the offense opens up… has more pace, it will happen when he thinks that should occur. Whether we want to accept it or not this offense looks exactly how he wants it to look… at least for now.

We were not a tough team… soft up front and a lot of that was scheme oriented. He vowed to rid of us of that and by the looks of it he has. Miami has tried to be a finesse team and it got us no where.

It may take a bit for ur all to click but one thing for sure we not a soft *** team anymore and I love it.
but there are spread teams that are tough up front. you can be tough and be spread. you dont need to be pro style to be tough.

Advertisement
on the interview of TVD this a.m. he indicated that the O room is open to doing some hurry up and similar plays from last year. Putting them in with what they are presently working, and he is on board with it....very interesting observation considering that Gattis called his game, but we never finished in the end zone.. Make TVD comfortable and we should have some good games in the ACC coming up.
lol shocking. so I guess CIS was right that we should be implementing similarities from last year that the QB is comfortable with? they had all spring to look at what the offense looks like. it wasn't any different than it is now.

Advertisement
Back