Frank Gore

Advertisement
Imagine dude on 3 healthy ACL's and without the hip injury.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He is 8th all time in rushing and is 300+ yards behind ****erson for 7th all time. Is this his last year?

Although he will likely have 1000 yards, I can't see him coming back at 34 years old. If he does, he could finish top 5 all time.

He is 8th all time in rushing and is 300+ yards behind ****erson for 7th all time. Is this his last year?

Although he will likely have 1000 yards, I can't see him coming back at 34 years old. If he does, he could finish top 5 all time.

So, here is 4 thru 8:

4. Curtis Martin 14,101
5. LT 13,684
6. Jerome Bettis 13,662
7. E. ****erson 13,259
8. Frank Gore 12,931

700 yards from top 5 all time

Advertisement
Gore averaged 9 ypc as a true freshman on the GOAT 01' Canes. Then goes on to tear both ACLs. Overcomes it to be a stud at the U. Then gets drafted and leads the NFC in rushing as a rookie and has been a consistent stud his whole career. Future HOF BEAST!

A few comments that are not accurate. A) he was not a stud at UM, his freshman year he appeared to be but after coming back from injury he got fat. B) he did not lead the league as a rookie.

they mentioned during the game yesterday that he wants to get in to scouting after his career is done

So, here is 4 thru 8:

4. Curtis Martin 14,101
5. LT 13,684
6. Jerome Bettis 13,662
7. E. ****erson 13,259
8. Frank Gore 12,931

Also, Edgerrin James is 12th all time with 12,246 Yards....More Rushing Yards than HOFers Marcus Allen, Franco Harris, Thurman Thomas, OJ Simpson, Earl Campbell, Larry Czonka, and more. And Edge is 19th in Rushing TDs all time....More than Tony Dorsett, Earl Campbell, Thurman Thomas, Larry Czonka, OJ, and more.

So, we really should have 2 HOFers at RB. Combine that with Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Reggie Wayne, and Devin Hester who should all be HOF locks and that would make 12 total HOFers (adding to Hendricks, Otto, Sapp, Cortez Kennedy, Irvin, and Jim Kelly). 12 would put us just behind ND and tied with USC for the most all time (Although those schools likely will also get more HOFers within next few yrs). Then there's still Andre Johnson, Jeff Feagles, Portis, & McGahee who I guess it's possible they make it, but not as likely.

Advertisement
Gore averaged 9 ypc as a true freshman on the GOAT 01' Canes. Then goes on to tear both ACLs. Overcomes it to be a stud at the U. Then gets drafted and leads the NFC in rushing as a rookie and has been a consistent stud his whole career. Future HOF BEAST!

A few comments that are not accurate. A) he was not a stud at UM, his freshman year he appeared to be but after coming back from injury he got fat. B) he did not lead the league as a rookie.

You can debate if he was a stud at the U and he did not lead the league/NFL in rushing. He lead the NFC in rushing. Read posts before responding

So, here is 4 thru 8:

4. Curtis Martin 14,101
5. LT 13,684
6. Jerome Bettis 13,662
7. E. ****erson 13,259
8. Frank Gore 12,931

Also, Edgerrin James is 12th all time with 12,246 Yards....More Rushing Yards than HOFers Marcus Allen, Franco Harris, Thurman Thomas, OJ Simpson, Earl Campbell, Larry Czonka, and more. And Edge is 19th in Rushing TDs all time....More than Tony Dorsett, Earl Campbell, Thurman Thomas, Larry Czonka, OJ, and more.

So, we really should have 2 HOFers at RB. Combine that with Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Reggie Wayne, and Devin Hester who should all be HOF locks and that would make 12 total HOFers (adding to Hendricks, Otto, Sapp, Cortez Kennedy, Irvin, and Jim Kelly). 12 would put us just behind ND and tied with USC for the most all time (Although those schools likely will also get more HOFers within next few yrs). Then there's still Andre Johnson, Jeff Feagles, Portis, & McGahee who I guess it's possible they make it, but not as likely.

You have to add Vince Wilfork to the list. He made All Pro five times including four years in a row. One of the big criteria's that the electors look at is dominance at your position over a 5 year period which big Vince falls into. I think he has a better chance than Wayne and Hester

So, here is 4 thru 8:

4. Curtis Martin 14,101
5. LT 13,684
6. Jerome Bettis 13,662
7. E. ****erson 13,259
8. Frank Gore 12,931

Homer Post. Hester is in no shape or form a lock. I doubt that either him or Edge make it in. Ray and Ed Reed are locks. After that Dre and Wilfork should get in at some point. Reggie and Gore are fringe outside looking in players but Gore's longevity is starting give him a glimmer of hope. The problem for Reggie is that while he was very good, he was a stat collector and never was considered one of the very best at the position, something Dre was and that is more valued than overall stats. I take it you were joking about Portis and Willis.

Last edited:
Advertisement

So, here is 4 thru 8:

4. Curtis Martin 14,101
5. LT 13,684
6. Jerome Bettis 13,662
7. E. ****erson 13,259
8. Frank Gore 12,931

Homer Post. Hester is in no shape or form a lock. I doubt that either him or Edge make it in. Ray and Ed Reed are locks. After that Dre and Wilfork should get in at some point. Reggie and Gore are fringe outside looking in players but Gore's longevity is starting give him a glimmer of hope. The problem for Reggie is that while he was very good, he was a stat collector and never was considered one of the very best at the position, something Dre was and that is more valued than overall stats. I take it you were joking about Portis and Willis.

You are trippin. Hester is unquestionably the greatest returner ever. You want to talk about dominating your position, well Hester revolutionized it. He was the best returner every year he played. He returned the opening kick in the SB. The NFL just put its first punter in. 5 Years from now I'm willing to bet they'll be willing to put another special teams guy in, who has had a major impact on the game of football.
The only reason Reggie Wayne wouldn't get it is because there is such a logjam at WR, and I don't really know why you say Dre was more dominant, He only has one more 1st team allpro than Reggie does, and worse stats across the board.
But I don't see any way in **** Frank Gore doesn't eventually get in. And no way Wilfork gets in before Edge or Gore.
And yes, Portis and Willis obviously aren't making the HOF but I just named them to show how crazy our early 2000 RBs were: 2 HOFers, and 2 guys just outside.

It would be nice to see Miami set the precedent by having the first returner in the HOF....

Maybe it'll happen....

Gore needs one more year to be a lock. Lot's of very consistent years, not a lot of blow you away years - which means his longevity stats need to be off the charts. Passing Bettis would do the trick.

Advertisement

So, here is 4 thru 8:

4. Curtis Martin 14,101
5. LT 13,684
6. Jerome Bettis 13,662
7. E. ****erson 13,259
8. Frank Gore 12,931

You are trippin. Hester is unquestionably the greatest returner ever. You want to talk about dominating your position, well Hester revolutionized it. He was the best returner every year he played. He returned the opening kick in the SB. The NFL just put its first punter in. 5 Years from now I'm willing to bet they'll be willing to put another special teams guy in, who has had a major impact on the game of football.
The only reason Reggie Wayne wouldn't get it is because there is such a logjam at WR, and I don't really know why you say Dre was more dominant, He only has one more 1st team allpro than Reggie does, and worse stats across the board.
But I don't see any way in **** Frank Gore doesn't eventually get in. And no way Wilfork gets in before Edge or Gore.
And yes, Portis and Willis obviously aren't making the HOF but I just named them to show how crazy our early 2000 RBs were: 2 HOFers, and 2 guys just outside.
Mega homer.

So, here is 4 thru 8:

4. Curtis Martin 14,101
5. LT 13,684
6. Jerome Bettis 13,662
7. E. ****erson 13,259
8. Frank Gore 12,931

Mega homer.
....or i just think people who have the stats and impact of a Hall of Famer should be a Hall of Famer.
You seem like the kind of person that thinks T.O really shouldn't have been a first ballot HOFer.

Only needs 109 yards to reach the 1k mark and already has 42 early in the second. Also now 27 yards from 13k.

Last edited:

You can debate if he was a stud at the U and he did not lead the league/NFL in rushing. He lead the NFC in rushing. Read posts before responding

No you can't debate if he was a stud, his best year was his freshman year and he never even rushed for a 1,000 yds and he didn't lead the league the NFC or anything else his rookie year in 2005. Shaun Alexander lead the NFC and the league and Gore rushed for 600+yds. Take off your homer glasses. Gore is a naturally gifted back and is much like Curtis Martin that he has accumulated yards without really being the best or dominant back.

Advertisement
Back