Frank Gore - story/article

kendallcanes

Junior
Just passing along a good story. Enjoy.

SANTA CLARA, Calif. -- For obvious reasons, we spent much of the season marveling at the freakish recuperative powers of Vikings running back Adrian Peterson, who made a serious run at the single-season rushing record despite being less than a year removed from major reconstructive knee surgery. If there were a lifetime award for playing at a high level after overcoming or playing through significant injuries, however, San Francisco running back Frank Gore might win hands down.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20130116/nfl-playoffs-frank-gore-49ers/#ixzz2ID2MiykI

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Wish we'd had him healthy one of those last couple of years.....still the best vision I have seen in a UM back.

nice read mane... I hope Gore can make it to the superbowl this year and show the recruits why you should play ball in Miami..

Advertisement
Frank is a first class guy. He represents Coral Gables, UM and the 49ers really well. How can anyone not root for this guy?

This was particularly powerful regarding the sense of entitlement that befalls many stud atheletes:

With age comes wisdom, which is why Gore now says he sees his knee injuries in college as a blessing. "I was always a hard worker, but when I was younger I didn't have to put the extra work in like some of the other guys," he says. "I'm happy that God made things happen the way that they happened because I probably would have left school real early, with my mind not right, and been a top-five, top-10 pick, not ready for that. I would have probably been hanging around the wrong guys, who were behind me just because of what I was doing.

Great story, thanks. IMO, he would be mentioned with the best ever had he not suffered those knee injuries

Advertisement
Tremendous niner fan and Frank is my favorite player ever. He deserves the ring and whens its all said and done he will have 10000 yards on a team that was pretty darn bad his whole career. He will have 10000 yards and had all of those injuries.

True cane Frank the Tank.

Gore was the best freshman running I had ever seen, until Duke. Frank was a beast his freshman year. I would still like to know how good he would have been without the injuries!

Advertisement
Tremendous niner fan and Frank is my favorite player ever. He deserves the ring and whens its all said and done he will have 10000 yards on a team that was pretty darn bad his whole career. He will have 10000 yards and had all of those injuries.

True cane Frank the Tank.

Yup. If ya'll haven't had the pleasure of seeing Frank this year, he is playing like a new man. He is nowhere near finished. Credit to Harbaugh and the staff there for lightening the load on him but credit to Frank for being in great shape this year. He has shown some serious explosion. 20+ carries in the playoff game last week too so he is still going strong.

Wish we'd had him healthy one of those last couple of years.....still the best vision I have seen in a UM back.

Agreed . . . and it is what has made him so special.

I remember posting on a 49ers board after his draft that SF essentially had the steal of the draft getting Frank in the third round.

So underappreciated in his own time, but this guy has been a f*cking rock for that franchise and is making a nice Hall of Fame case very quietly.

Also, whan talking about how complete a back he is, let's not forget to throw some credit to DOn SOldinger, who is probably one of the best running backs coaches of all time.

There was a time when Edge, Portis and Gore were pretty much the best the NFL had to offer at the position, and each of them was known for being an elite blocker in addition to being able to catch and run. Something to be said for that.

Advertisement
Back