Francois decommitted

There's no room for emotion in recruiting. Just sign the best players and coach them. Who cares about pride and hurt feelings.
Question for you, at what point is it no longer worth it? Why continually look past glaring red flags for a guy just to get his signature.

for whatever reason. He wanted out from South Dade and to transfer to booker T as you alluded to. Subsequently gave lackluster effort so far this year. What’s stopping him from being a portal guy down the line??

im interested in our signing classes being filled with guys who finishes their career here. I don’t know Francois so i can’t speak on his intent but his actions leads me to believe he will go where the wind blow.

Advertisement
Question for you, at what point is it no longer worth it? Why continually look past glaring red flags for a guy just to get his signature.

for whatever reason. He wanted out from South Dade and to transfer to booker T as you alluded to. Subsequently gave lackluster effort so far this year. What’s stopping him from being a portal guy down the line??

im interested in our signing classes being filled with guys who finishes their career here. I don’t know Francois so i can’t speak on his intent but his actions leads me to believe he will go where the wind blow.

Coaches are paid to to extract talent. Sometimes they need an excavator.

Advertisement
Coaches are paid to to extract talent. Sometimes they need an excavator.
I understand your point. I like Francois the football player.. a lot.

But as another poster said in this thread “if a girl dumps you twice, when are you gonna get the hint that she’s not that interested “.

People wonder why we get disrespected by recruits , then watch Francois continue to cuck the **** out of us.
And people actually think shunning elite south Florida talent is the solution Just because they hurt their feeling once or twice in the recruiting process. Damned if you do and damned if you don’t, if he doesn’t sign with Miami in dec then don’t recruit him after but until then we need to try to land him and bring as much talent in this class as we can. he has better ball skills than any db we have had in recent years and we need that

And people actually think shunning elite south Florida talent is the solution Just because they hurt their feeling once or twice in the recruiting process. Damned if you do and damned if you don’t, if he doesn’t sign with Miami in dec then don’t recruit him after but until then we need to try to land him and bring as much talent in this class as we can. he has better ball skills than any db we have had in recent years and we need that

How many decommitments is too many before you’d untuck your meat bag from your buttocks? is it three? Four ? Five ? I’m serious , when does Brock say” Jesus kid , you’re pretty much begging for interest from other schools and keep decommitting from the home town school”.

How many red flags do you need ?

These kids continue to *** on Miami’s back for the exact mentality you have. They say “ F em, if push comes to shove they’ll take me if I miss out on the schools I want to go to”. Which Francois is doing that , he’s been begging for UF and Osu To take him , even while committed us.

But they don’t want him.

At some point you should have some self respect and respect for your offer.

That’s just me.

Advertisement

If the coaches who interact with him and his family feel they can coach him, that’s good enough for me.

I’m not worried about players ending up in the Portal. Those are almost always kids who aren’t playing anyway.

If the coaches who interact with him and his family feel they can coach him, that’s good enough for me.

I’m not worried about players ending up in the Portal. Those are almost always kids who aren’t playing anyway.

The same coaches that saw a guy quit during the season and brought him back?

Then come out in public and say there’s a culture problem lol.

Got it.

I’ll shut up now.

Advertisement
So
Or she keeps coming back?
you’ve seen Forrest Gump before, yes? Did Jenny love Forrest ? As a friend yes. But Forrest wanted a Jenny to be his girl the entire movie and she didn’t come back until she had no choice. The hippie left her. She had a terminal illness and was a single mother. She came back to Forrest when there was nothing left.

see my analogy ? Francois is treating us like his Forrest Gump.

There are red flags with Francois. No question. He’s gone from “must have/instant impact” to something riskier.

But there were senior season concerns about Denzel Perryman. There was some internal debate about sticking with him because he coasted as a senior. Obviously, that worked out. Sometimes you get a guy like Ermon Lane where the red flag is a warning.

Ultimately, it’s worth the risk. The guy is really good.

I get that and agree to an extent - if it was just the coasting, that's one thing. But he's also de-committed 3 times. So when the flags start adding up, you have to take a step back and take a hard, long look at things.

Again, i want the kid here because he's talented and we need more talent on the back end....but the coaches can't be soft with him. If they take him, he needs to be under a very clear protocol from Day 1.

Advertisement
So

you’ve seen Forrest Gump before, yes? Did Jenny love Forrest ? As a friend yes. But Forrest wanted a Jenny to be his girl the entire movie and she didn’t come back until she had no choice. The hippie left her. She had a terminal illness and was a single mother. She came back to Forrest when there was nothing left.

see my analogy ? Francois is treating us like his Forrest Gump.

This isn't a marriage. 3-4 at best.

**** even cam Harris had a senior season where he wasn’t productive at all and had less than 300 yards rushing his final year yet a year in a college program now he’s one of the talents on this team that I think really highly of right now. Sometimes you got to take that risk, in this one you have too. 12 ints in Dade county as a junior? We need ballhawking ability in our db group for sure and he has other south Dade players on the team to make his transition go well in ivey and Joyner too. People get too much emotional and hold grudges in recruiting too much. Just bring the talent in and figure it out later

The <300 was proven wrong, it was somewhere around 600-700, but ya many were alarmed at his stats.

And despite Ivey having 2 balls hit him in the face vs. pitt and improving from the VT game, ultimately we want better starters than him. Maybe he proves me wrong.

Advertisement
Back