Francois decommitted

Banda can't win on here. He gets blasted because he cant bring in high level safeties and he gets blasted if he comes across "embarrassing" for chasing high level talent at safety. Which one is it? Francois isn't committed anywhere yet. Whats the harm in staying on him?

You guys make it seem like he is parked out front of the kids house every day with a sign saying, "PLEEEEEASE COME TO UM!" like Golden and our staff was doing for Dalvin Cooks recruitment. Now THAT was embarrassing.

and id still do the aprking lot thing every day for a talent like cook lol. whatever it takes

Advertisement
At Safety as long as we can land Jalen Harrell, Idgaf what this kid does tbh.

I'd take him just for the recruiting class rankings boost, but expect him to jump ship if he's not playing as a TF.

And for real I don't think he's gonna come back anyway, kid decommitted twice, that's about as clear as day that he really don't wanna play here... I mean at this point we kinda need to take a hint, he don't like us lol
if a female dumps me twice! it ain,t hard to tell! she doesn,t really want or like me!

Banda can't win on here. He gets blasted because he cant bring in high level safeties and he gets blasted if he comes across "embarrassing" for chasing high level talent at safety. Which one is it? Francois isn't committed anywhere yet. Whats the harm in staying on him?

You guys make it seem like he is parked out front of the kids house every day with a sign saying, "PLEEEEEASE COME TO UM!" like Golden and our staff was doing for Dalvin Cooks recruitment. Now THAT was embarrassing.

You forget how foolish he looked with Jobe? Wasted time and money traveling to Connecticut to visit Jobe for him to commit to Bama the very next day? You applaud him all you want for effort but I look for results. He’s a sucker. If you want Banda to “win” with fans then he needs to close deals. He may get lucky with Francois because nobody else wants the kids but that’s by default.

Advertisement
There's no room for emotion in recruiting. Just sign the best players and coach them. Who cares about pride and hurt feelings.

I agree on principle. However, I have to question if we are recruiting the best player for our program, in this case. This kid, not only decommitted on us once, but twice. In addition, the kid is begging other schools to take him, and they are not interested, at the moment. Which contradicts what Diaz has preached about what he’s looking for in players. Furthermore, I believe you said, in the podcast, this kid hurt his stock his senior year because he played through the motions due to not being able to transfer. What makes you think he won’t do the same at a University his heart is not in it? I see a lot of red flags with him.

Advertisement
There's no room for emotion in recruiting. Just sign the best players and coach them. Who cares about pride and hurt feelings.

Your point that it's a mistake to make decisions based on emotion isn't wrong. But you are wrong to equate this decision as an emotional one.

The kid has committed twice and decommitted twice. This last time, he was foolish enough to decommit without securing himself a landing spot first. He is apparently coasting in his senior year because he supposedly didn't want to be at South Dade this season. Whether he is coasting or not, he is underperforming this season compared to his junior year. He got ejected (controversially, I know) from a big game against Palmetto last month. He continues to blatantly put it out there that UM is nothing more than a safety school to him.

Those aren't emotions, those are data points. At the end of the day, attitude matters. The "best player" isn't always the most physically/athletically talented. You alluded to this yourself recently in the WR thread. KJ is the best WR on the team this season... not because he's the most physically or athletically gifted, but because he has his mind right and has the right attitude for success. Maybe it is just a lack of maturity attributable to age, but Francois's behavior is a cause for concern.

While true, you also don't want guys who will negatively impact the locker room or other players they are close with on the roster. You want self-motivated guys who work hard and play with pride/heart, not guys that pack it in at the first sign of adversity for selfish reasons.

I want Francois - i think the kid is legit. But i don't have access/insight on these kids in regards to things like this to have a whole perspective on risk vs reward.

A bad attitude, laziness and a loss of work ethic in your senior season is the reddest of flags to me. This means he is chairman soft, and feels totally entitled.

He will come in with a bad attitude because he doesn't want to be here, he will become toxic in the locker room when he gets told he is going to red shirt. He will transfer out.

Hard pass. No emotion involved, this kid's future is so clearly telegraphed I don't know how anyone wants to waste time with him. He may go somewhere else and be great. He will not be great here, he will quit.

Advertisement
There are red flags with Francois. No question. He’s gone from “must have/instant impact” to something riskier.

But there were senior season concerns about Denzel Perryman. There was some internal debate about sticking with him because he coasted as a senior. Obviously, that worked out. Sometimes you get a guy like Ermon Lane where the red flag is a warning.

Ultimately, it’s worth the risk. The guy is really good.

There are red flags with Francois. No question. He’s gone from “must have/instant impact” to something riskier.

But there were senior season concerns about Denzel Perryman. There was some internal debate about sticking with him because he coasted as a senior. Obviously, that worked out. Sometimes you get a guy like Ermon Lane where the red flag is a warning.

Ultimately, it’s worth the risk. The guy is really good.
**** even cam Harris had a senior season where he wasn’t productive at all and had less than 300 yards rushing his final year yet a year in a college program now he’s one of the talents on this team that I think really highly of right now. Sometimes you got to take that risk, in this one you have too. 12 ints in Dade county as a junior? We need ballhawking ability in our db group for sure and he has other south Dade players on the team to make his transition go well in ivey and Joyner too. People get too much emotional and hold grudges in recruiting too much. Just bring the talent in and figure it out later

Last edited:
Advertisement
I think you guys are being too harsh on this kid. We've seen in the past, guys play around with us in recruiting and they end up coming here. I can think of Nesta, Frierson, and even Kosi. All three of them flirted with other schools and seemed likely to leave us and now they seem extremely committed to the program. I trust our coaches when it comes to potential head cases. Even the Oakleaf duo committed to us after allegedly being turned down by other schools, and guess what those guys are gonna BALL here and we should all be hyped for them. So yea, Jaiden might be conflicted at this time, and he may fall into our lap at the end, but I trust Manny and the staff to fix these kids and show that if you want to play on Sundays then tighten up. He did so with Jeff, Kosi and others and I trust he will with this kid too.

I think you guys are being too harsh on this kid. We've seen in the past, guys play around with us in recruiting and they end up coming here. I can think of Nesta, Frierson, and even Kosi. All three of them flirted with other schools and seemed likely to leave us and now they seem extremely committed to the program. I trust our coaches when it comes to potential head cases. Even the Oakleaf duo committed to us after allegedly being turned down by other schools, and guess what those guys are gonna BALL here and we should all be hyped for them. So yea, Jaiden might be conflicted at this time, and he may fall into our lap at the end, but I trust Manny and the staff to fix these kids and show that if you want to play on Sundays then tighten up. He did so with Jeff, Kosi and others and I trust he will with this kid too.

If you can’t differentiate the difference from those guys recruiting process and Francois then idk what to tell you. That being said, point is taken. Nothing wrong with kids doing their due diligence. However, in this case, this is head case level. I hope D$ is right and the kid is worth the risk.

Your point that it's a mistake to make decisions based on emotion isn't wrong. But you are wrong to equate this decision as an emotional one.

The kid has committed twice and decommitted twice. This last time, he was foolish enough to decommit without securing himself a landing spot first. He is apparently coasting in his senior year because he supposedly didn't want to be at South Dade this season.

This is a point I've been wanting to ask about...I know teams are staying away from him, and I didn't expect 12 picks again for that reason and because it's ridiculously tough to do. But seems like this kid having a down year? Now "coasting"? and "doesn't want to be"???

2 decommits...Coasting...That isn't the **** I wanna go to war with, personally.

Advertisement
Back