Francis Mauigoa Film Review : #1 OT In The Nation Commits (bump on page 42 from Pate interview)

View as article
@ThatWasMyIdea Don’t ******* question me. Just sit back, shut up and enjoy the information thst people who actually know something so graciously provide to this FREE site. More commitments like Francis’ coming this month, I would say four 5⭐️ would be a good guess by August.
1656985301477.gif

Advertisement
He (the post I responded to) said ESPN was calling them a 4☆, the ranking I listed was from ESPN website. ESPN I suspect, or assume, wouldn't be using 247 ratings in their broadcasts. Maybe the 247composite if anything.

Edit: to clarify, that's why my post says "Where", and not Why. Thought maybe the poster saw a tweet from an ESPN journalist or something

I didn't see it (I was watching on CBS).

If they were just REPORTING that he is a 247 4-star, I could understand it. If they said he is an ESPN 4-star, I completely do NOT understand it.

Why?

Because the 247 ranking is "much" lower than the composite (both rank and score). Meaning, if the other parts of the "composite" score (and rank) come from Rivals, ESPN, and on3, those other services MUST (mathematically) be higher than 247's ranking.

In other words, 247 is "the Russian judge" giving him a lower score.

Not sure how he gets to a "composite" 5-star (and Top 10 ranking) if BOTH 247 AND ESPN both have him as a 4-star. That would pretty much require Rivals and on3 to BOTH list him as the #1 overall recruit to yield the composite score that he has.

Not criticizing you at all, just pointing out the math.

I’m not sure if this is still true but I remember a few years back 247 said once they rank a player a 5 star they don’t take it back so maybe they take their time to give a player a 5th star

Advertisement
Do you think Tinilau will still be in this class?
Tinilau has crazy upside....throw numbers at the OL and the practice field sort it out.

Think of the guys that go 1st round that come out of Louisville and NCST....etc. not even talking the OL that come from lower tier P5 schools and G5 schools. Stars matter....evals matter too.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back