Four-star EDGE Booker Pickett Jr commits to Miami

Advertisement
Advertisement
With more on the way! The way this DE/Edge group is trending is very exciting as it is well on its way to elite level status. At DT is seems as though we are just now getting started in terms of recruiting the position at an elite level and that must continue in order to get that position up to the level where it should be. The way this staff was able to finish the 2024 cycle at DT was nothing short of spectacular and it saved us from being in a dire situation at the position.
Boys were big boy recruiting down the stretch when it came to the d-line that's a fact.

Advertisement
If Mesidor gets back to his 2022 self, this edge group is the deepest and most talented I can remember
del bosque soccer GIF by Fusion

Basically Booker Pickett Sr. said that the coaches went over exactly how they want to use him. Said that it would depend on the opponent and situation but that Jr. will be used as a DE in the 4-2-5 as well as have a package at LB which I would assume would be in a 3-3-5 alignment. I'm not sure if Jr will ever have his hand on the ground. I would assume that may change over the course of Pickett's development as he gets bigger and stronger. I think the thing to take from all of this including his tremendous ratings bump and the way he dominated in the All Star games is that people including our coaching staff have finally realized that this young man is more than just your typical high school LB with huge sack and tfl stats who will need 2 years to adjust to college football. I think they are seeing now that Pickett is a special talent who possesses the type of elite first step, speed, quickness, explosiveness, bend, agility, football IQ, closing burst, instincts and diagnostic skills that could enable him to contribute at a high level much sooner than later.
Appreciate you

Advertisement
Him, Lightfoot and the transfer from marshall is going to add a pass rushing dynamic not seen since Jaelen Phillips
Alston will most certainly add to that dynamic and I think that Lightfoot is going to make himself known as a true freshman because he's just too good to keep off the field. Booker Pickett Jr. has tremendous ability but he doesn't arrive until summer. I'm a huge fan of Pickett and you can't ever have too many gifted pass rushers but I'm not sure how realistic it is too expect him to contribute right away. I would love to see all of them getting sacks, tfls and wreaking havoc but I think 2025 would be a more realistic time frame for Pickett. He does need more functional strength at this level.

I agree with you but they are also in the 210 range, add around 20 pounds and they could at least give us a pass rich option on obvious passing downs.
For some players that’s easy for some. It’s difficult Wesley’s going on his 3rd year.

Advertisement
For some players that’s easy for some. It’s difficult Wesley’s going on his 3rd year.
Wes is also a linebacker. You are right though, Moss couldn’t gain weight for nothing. We will see what happens with them on campus and in a real strength and conditioning program.

Alston will most certainly add to that dynamic and I think that Lightfoot is going to make himself known as a true freshman because he's just too good to keep off the field. Booker Pickett Jr. has tremendous ability but he doesn't arrive until summer. I'm a huge fan of Pickett and you can't ever have too many gifted pass rushers but I'm not sure how realistic it is too expect him to contribute right away. I would love to see all of them getting sacks, tfls and wreaking havoc but I think 2025 would be a more realistic time frame for Pickett. He does need more functional strength at this level.
My only thing with Book is will he have that same first step with weight gain. Pause

If he does he will be great

Advertisement
Back