Four-star EDGE Booker Pickett Jr commits to Miami

View as article
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
We have never had any success moving a HS EDGE rusher to LB. We also only play 2 LB’s at a time. Far bigger need at DE. Hope he can grow.
Just saw this after my post. Spot on

Idk man he looks really thin and I don’t know if he can add for LB. Someone said DE ain’t no way he would lose that speed for sure

Kid needs to rush the passer, period. That ability and production translates. He did it in Tampa and he did it in the all star circuit. Make it your job to get this kid to 230+. Even as a situational guy, he can make some money. Placing him on the 2nd level and not having him getting after the QB consistently is a waste of his talents IMO. I just want him rushing the passer, even if he is a LB.

Advertisement
Good call on Moss, I did like him but I thought he would be bigger by this point. Mario was trying his best to salvage that 2022 class. He was hired Dec. 6th and NSD was Dec 22nd.
Yea I never count that transition class. Basically coaches get hired to salvage. Elite recruiters when they get the job flip a few names late, Skinner, Citizen, etc they make splash gets that move the needle. Last years class for me was the year 1 class

Advertisement
Yea I never count that transition class. Basically coaches get hired to salvage. Elite recruiters when they get the job flip a few names late, Skinner, Citizen, etc they make splash gets that move the needle. Last years class for me was the year 1 class
2023 for sure is Mario's first class. So far Anez Cooper is the gem from that 2022 class. Out of the 15 kids that came to Miami, 5 of them have already transferred out

Garvin was 240 by the time the games were played his freshman year so let's see how Booker responds from the S&C/nutrition program first
Idc what his weight is. Put him on the field and let him work. I think he can beat tackles right now. Not consistently for 3 downs, or stopping the run, but in pass rushing situations.

2023 for sure is Mario's first class. So far Anez Cooper is the gem from that 2022 class. Out of the 15 kids that came to Miami, 5 of them have already transferred out
That transition class showcased the eye for OL talent with Coop & McCoy being both solid 3 * pickups. Citizen, Kelly, and Wes are the big remaining X factors who with big years can all make that 2022 class look a whole lot better.

Idc what his weight is. Put him on the field and let him work. I think he can beat tackles right now. Not consistently for 3 downs, or stopping the run, but in pass rushing situations.
Even on 3rd downs a good OC will targets runs against him by overloading blockers on his side if he's significantly smaller or weaker. But in theory yes, 3rd & long situations cut him loose if he proves throughout offseason he's too good to keep off the field.

Advertisement
Back