Forrest Lamp

Advertisement
Advertisement
Venice High Offensive Lineman Forrest Lamp.came to Miami this weekend with teammate Danny Dillard, who already is committed to UM, hoping to get an offer from the Hurricanes.

He left without getting that scholarship offer from Al Golden but says that didn't diminish the good time that he had at Miami.

"No offer yet, but the weekend was great," Lamp said. "I had a lot of fun. I understand that everything that I have done is from this year and that they don't have a lot to go off of. They said they are going to keep recruiting me."

Lamp only weighed 210 pounds as a junior, so he wasn't very high on many recruiting radars. Now he is up to 265 and weighing offers from FIU, Western Kentucky, Navy, Ohio and Temple. A Miami offer would obviously be a major development for Lamp.

"They wanted me to meet everybody and get to know the coaches so that if they do offer me that I could make a quick decision," Lamp said.

Lamp got to Miami late on Friday night, so his visit was mostly packed into a hectic Saturday.

"It was fun going out and meeting the players and coaches and hanging out on campus," Lamp said. "We saw academic advisors, the campus, the dorms, met with the coaches and hung out with the players. Then we went out to dinner with all the coaches and recruits. We had a really good time."

Sunday morning Lamp headed home to play the waiting game.

"I'm hoping they offer me," Lamp said. "It would definitely be nice. They love the way that I play. I am still going to gain 20-30 pounds and get up to 300. But right now they are still evaluating me."

Advertisement
Lamp said. "I think if they want me, there is no reason why they shouldn't have offered. They have my film and they have seen me play in person. It makes me feel like I am a secondary option and I don't really like that."

Dude needs to chill out

Advertisement
Lamp said. "I think if they want me, there is no reason why they shouldn't have offered. They have my film and they have seen me play in person. It makes me feel like I am a secondary option and I don't really like that."

Dude needs to chill out

That's some big talk for a kid who has no offers.

Advertisement
uuuoi.jpg

https://www.profootballfocus.com/the-10-best-players-in-the-trenches/

3. Forrest Lamp, Western Kentucky
Our first offensive lineman on the list, Forrest Lamp is one of the most balanced players you’ll find. PFF’s top ranked offensive tackle this year (+31.8), Lamp has been just as impressive protecting his quarterback as he has been opening up holes in the running game. His pass blocking grade of +10.8 is the third-best in the nation and he has yet to give up a sack this year. With a grade of +17.3 in the run game, Lamp is the only offensive tackle in the nation to rank in the top 10 in both pass and run blocking.

Advertisement
Back