Former UM TE Coach Larry Scott moving up the Ranks

Advertisement
more like they know they're most likely firing Butch next year and arent willing to fork up the $ and commit to a long term contract necessary to bring in a legit OC

He'll be coaching FAU in a year or 2

I concur. I think that's why it's important as a HC to hire loyalty. I know everyone wants the hottest coaches but the turnover rate is so high. I think we have long term tenures with Richt even though some of his hires seemed blah at the beginning. Minus Rumph. He was purely to secure new cranks.

Advertisement
As an AA I'm at least happy the Bro got a shot to be the No.2 guy. OC is the modern day equal to what the QB position use to be for AA. That said them losing their 2 best DLinemen will hurt, they lose their QB and their WR's are average at best. Could be tough going for him to develop his own offensive concepts, call plays and the team to adjust.

I concur. I think that's why it's important as a HC to hire loyalty. I know everyone wants the hottest coaches but the turnover rate is so high. I think we have long term tenures with Richt even though some of his hires seemed blah at the beginning. Minus Rumph. He was purely to secure new cranks.

Rumph is an alumni...You don't hire alumni purely for recruiting. He has enough accolades as a coach and enough productive products from his previous coaching stops to warrant a College positional job.

Advertisement

don't sleep on joey freshwater.

2_3113215.jpg

Hope he drops dead.

This is like when Folden was forced to hire the likes of Melvin and Beard because no one else wanted to board the sinking ship.

**** him, **** Tennessee and **** Tennessee's bag man. All he does is recruit our prospects.

Advertisement
I completely agree with the sentiment that I hope he fails miserably, along with Jones. The product of our last 10 years of ineptitude is that we have guys like Scott, Shannon, Coley and Cristobal getting paid good money primarily because they can recruit South Florida. I want all of them to fail.

Advertisement
I hope they find him slumped over face first in a bowl of Dinty Moore stew one day.

Why do you hate Scott? He was the only remotely competent assistant on Golden's staff. I wish he had stayed but assistants leave schools all the time.

If Richt had wanted Larry Scott to stay he could have promoted Scott to OL coach rather than hired that clown Searles. I didn't think an oline coach could be worse than Kehoe but Searles has proven me wrong.

Hope tennesee wins just enough every year to never fire botch jones, just to end every year in inevitable disappointment

I wish tenn nothing but failure and heartache, but I don't get why people take Scott so personally. Dude got fired and took another job. Not sure why that should hurt anyone's feelings.

Advertisement
Back