Former UM TE Coach Larry Scott moving up the Ranks

Advertisement
I hope they find him slumped over face first in a bowl of Dinty Moore stew one day.

Why do you hate Scott? He was the only remotely competent assistant on Golden's staff. I wish he had stayed but assistants leave schools all the time.

If Richt had wanted Larry Scott to stay he could have promoted Scott to OL coach rather than hired that clown Searles. I didn't think an oline coach could be worse than Kehoe but Searles has proven me wrong.

A coach can only do so much with the talent they have. Our O line was thin and full of scrubs who should be playing in group 5 conferences. Let's see how he does this year with guys they wanted then judge. Kehoe was god awful and lost his touch years ago. Got bailed out by having talented guys. If he was so good then he would have been retained or another school would take him lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
The title of this thread should be :

"Marquee" SEC Program Makes Yet Another Unimpressive Hire After Delusional Low IQ Fanbase Overestimates the Appeal of Their Floundering Program Based on Overrated Conference Affiliation Alone

Someone should go on their message boards and write "even Golden was smart enough to not make this move"

I hope they find him slumped over face first in a bowl of Dinty Moore stew one day.

Why do you hate Scott? He was the only remotely competent assistant on Golden's staff. I wish he had stayed but assistants leave schools all the time.

If Richt had wanted Larry Scott to stay he could have promoted Scott to OL coach rather than hired that clown Searles. I didn't think an oline coach could be worse than Kehoe but Searles has proven me wrong.

It seems clear that since Larry Scott left UM he has had some sort of grudge against us. He goes out of his way to target UM recruits and is constantly trying to flip our commits. Last year he was largely responsible for flipping those two traitors from the last cycle.

That should be enough for any UM fan to dislike the guy.

Looking at this resume I am trying to figure out when he would have developed some sort of offensive philosophy. Good for Larry getting the job, but I think he fails.

Advertisement
Looking at this resume I am trying to figure out when he would have developed some sort of offensive philosophy. Good for Larry getting the job, but I think he fails.

Yes. This is Butch Golden's last ride in Knoxville and Scott's going to be hung out as the goat for being a rookie play caller. And it's going to be a tough year for those guys.

Yes. This is Butch Golden's last ride in Knoxville and Scott's going to be hung out as the goat for being a rookie play caller. And it's going to be a tough year for those guys.

The QB coach they hired has a much better resume to be OC than Scott. I don't understand that move.

That whole staff is getting fired next year unless Guarantano turns out to be everything he's supposed to be. He was a 5-star do it all QB coming out. But Jones can't develop a cohesive team.

Someone should go on their message boards and write "even Golden was smart enough to not make this move"

I don't think Scott will be a good OC but I don't think he'll be any worse than James Coley.

Anyway I assume his 5 or 6 games as Miami interim head coach has increased Scott's credibility in the coaching world. I don't think he'd be getting the OC job if he couldn't list his brief head coach stint on his resume.

Advertisement

Why do you hate Scott? .

Because I'm a rabid UM fan, not some hippy facquit who wants everyone to succeed.

Snott is UM's enemy. Therefore, he's my enemy. He follows whoever we recruit and tries to steal them by trashing UM.

Most rabid fans attend games, have met people from a board they spend night and day on, and don't insult whichever coach or player the way you do.

UT and Scott, they're just some team we don't even play. He used to recruit down here for us, so naturally he's going to end up trying to get some of our recruits. I'm sure we've gone head to head with just about every school there is across the land. Some recruits we've been on first, most not.

I suppose if we have a need, in particular at the end of the year, we shouldn't pursue someone because they're committed elsewhere. Byrd last year, you think Scott and company didn't know about Byrd before he visited there late? Of course they did, they had his best friend and basically brother who lived with his family already committed. Scott just finished on top, that's recruiting.

Advertisement
Why do people dislike Tennessee? Are people seriously still upset about a 30 year old Sugar Bowl loss?

Losing Tyler Byrd to them. Any Cane that doesn't follow recruiting doesn't give a s.hit about Tennessee.

We didn't "lose" byrd, he left on his own and acted like a ******* in the process. Saying we lost him or larry scott flipped him gives them too much credit.

Advertisement
Back