Former UM OT Orlando Franklin

from the article:

Some viewers who see Franklin, 35, on the air might not immediately recognize him. When he played in the NFL from 2011-17, he was listed at 315 pounds. And not long after he retired, Franklin said he ballooned to 350 pounds.

Well, the 6-foot-6 Franklin now weighs 235. That’s a loss of 115 pounds

“I was going to have my second child and I wanted to make sure I was going to be around for longevity,’’ Franklin said of the period not long after his retirement. “And I wanted to do all the things that my children wanted to and not complain and be perfectly fine with running up and down and jumping on the ground.”

So how did Franklin lose all that weight? He started walking five miles a day before he began to run. He went on the Paleo diet. Three years ago, he gave up alcohol.

----

Short as those pants are he must've grown 4 inches taller 🤔

Advertisement
It's amazing how much some of these linemen lose when they retire and stop their NFL weight regiment.

Then there was the hefty lefty (RIP)

otl-lorenzen02-1600x2132.jpg

Advertisement
Advertisement
from the article:

Some viewers who see Franklin, 35, on the air might not immediately recognize him. When he played in the NFL from 2011-17, he was listed at 315 pounds. And not long after he retired, Franklin said he ballooned to 350 pounds.

Well, the 6-foot-6 Franklin now weighs 235. That’s a loss of 115 pounds

“I was going to have my second child and I wanted to make sure I was going to be around for longevity,’’ Franklin said of the period not long after his retirement. “And I wanted to do all the things that my children wanted to and not complain and be perfectly fine with running up and down and jumping on the ground.”

So how did Franklin lose all that weight? He started walking five miles a day before he began to run. He went on the Paleo diet. Three years ago, he gave up alcohol.

----

Short as those pants are he must've grown 4 inches taller 🤔
I'm cool with walking and paleo, but that's it.

Congrats on dropping the weight, he's also dropped a lot (if not most) of his muscle mass. Looking skinny-fat now...

That being said, he's not a great color guy.

Advertisement
My man Orlando hit the hesi a few times. **** I thought my stream went down. He’ll get better with reps.

Advertisement
He’s been like that for a minute.

I believe he got into yoga.

@jhallscane would now, but he appears to be all Natty and grit.

Lot of folk don’t realize how many calories these guys consume to build/maintain OT weight.

Advertisement
Back