Former UM OT Orlando Franklin

Advertisement
It's amazing how much some of these linemen lose when they retire and stop their NFL weight regiment.

Their life is on the line if they don’t. They know to stay healthy and around for their families that got to get all that unnecessary weight off them. Good for them

I thought he did well for his first broadcast. The overall broadcast was ******* garbage though. The live feed wasn't keeping up in real time, kept skipping, delays. It was beyond frustrating. I even switched to two other live sports broadcasts to make sure it wasn't on my end and everything else was fine. Just makes me hate the ACC even more!

I thought he did well for his first broadcast. The overall broadcast was ******* garbage though. The live feed wasn't keeping up in real time, kept skipping, delays. It was beyond frustrating. I even switched to two other live sports broadcasts to make sure it wasn't on my end and everything else was fine. Just makes me hate the ACC even more!
He was a helluva lot better than that play by play doofus. That idiot missed a lot of calls.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Congrats on dropping the weight, he's also dropped a lot (if not most) of his muscle mass. Looking skinny-fat now...

That being said, he's not a great color guy.
He's very new at this, and it showed. Was there last night and watched the game this AM on TV...there are parts when he's just naturally conversing and he was good, but he needs a lot of reps.

ESPN usually sticks guys like Big O on ESPN+ broadcasts...real TV seemed a bit much. He's still learning where to look and focus his eyes and also how to be on camera when he's not the one talking.

Advertisement
Same happen to Joe Thomas for the Browns. Retired and loss alot of weight
There are a lot of them, and after the big boys retire, a lot of them reach out to start a weight loss journey. Its important for their longevity.

Go check out updated pictures of Russell Okung, Alan Faneca, Matt Birk, Marshall Yanda, the Pounceys, Brad Culpepper, Nick Hardwick among tons of others.

These guys are just built different now.

Dude when they showed him on TV I was like who the F is this dude. Then they said his name I was like... man that aint our Orlando... played it back and saw that lazy eye and said holy sheet this B has to be ODing on Ozempic.

Last edited:
Always good to see these big guys get back to healthy weights after their careers end. 320 lb people don't have long lifespans, even athletic ones.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back