Former (transfer) Canes Thread

Advertisement
My sting factors among the players we've lost since the end of last season (in terms of how badly we needed them for 2021), other than guys who went to the league:
1. Avantae Williams
2. N'Kosi Perry
3. Cam Williams
4. Jeremiah Payton (although he might come back?)
5. Jason Blissett
6. Robert Burns
7. Patrick Joyner
8. Jalar Holley
9. Tate Martell
10. Adam el Gammal (if you even count him on the team last year)

To me, Avantae is the only one that stings bad. We'll miss Kosi for his character & leadership. We could have used Cam, Payton, and Blissett for depth. Everyone else would have been completely buried on the depth chart.
You think Payton is coming back? I hadn't heard that or are you just wondering?

Advertisement
My sting factors among the players we've lost since the end of last season (in terms of how badly we needed them for 2021), other than guys who went to the league:
1. Avantae Williams
2. N'Kosi Perry
3. Cam Williams
5. Jason Blissett
6. Robert Burns
7. Patrick Joyner
8. Jalar Holley
9. Tate Martell

To me, Avantae is the only one that stings bad. We'll miss Kosi for his character & leadership. We could have used Cam, Payton, and Blissett for depth. Everyone else would have been completely buried on the depth chart.
Where did Blissett go?

I don't have access, but apparently they think he will be their #1 WR.

Bielema has Derrick Smith too.

1628623973530.png

Advertisement
Forgot about him - anything on him from Illinois? That's where he went right? UM north lol?
Just read an article about their depth chart. He's supposed to start and is expected to play a big role. D. Smith is buried on the Depth chart. Funny I would've expected it to be the other way around.

Advertisement
1. Avantae Williams
2. N'Kosi Perry
3. Cam Williams
5. Jason Blissett
6. Robert Burns
7. Patrick Joyner
8. Jalar Holley
9. Tate Martell

I don't even remember a thread about Adam el Gammal leaving. I know he was a COVID opt out last season.

Advertisement
good for him but good luck catching passes in that offense.

anyone with access?
"
Expectations rise for Hightower in his second season in Champaign, and he earned a single-digit number of his choice. But that doesn’t mean he’s guaranteed his spot. The Illini have added a lot of competition to a receivers room that hasn’t produced much — outside of Imatorbhebhe — during the last few seasons. McDonald and the rest of the Illini staff have added nine players to the receiver room — through position switches, transfer additions and prep prospects — in an attempt to “shock the system,” McDonald said.

While Navarro and Williams seem to have a lock on the reps in the slot — and Navarro can play on the perimeter too — Hightower is getting pushed for reps by a few fellow bigger wideouts. Illinois added Notre Dame transfer Jafar Armstrong this summer, and Casey Washington — who started six games during his first two seasons at Illinois — transferred back to Illinois this summer after a short transfer to Wake Forest. Bielema has mentioned sophomore Dalevon Campbell as having some standout moments during training camp, and Khmari Thompson had a solid spring as well. Hightower welcomes the competition."

Kosi running with the 3s & 4s behind Nick Tronti and Michael Johnson Jr.
Michael Johnson was recruited by Jon Richt, but he chose Penn St. over the U, and he is playing with his dad with the FAU Owls. Johnson’s dad is the current QB coach and offensive coordinator with FAU. I think Willie Taggart’s son is also a QB/Athlete

To win that starting job at FAU, Kosi may have a lot of nepotism to overcome

Advertisement
Back